CHAPTER THREE

a/n
i'm so sorry i haven't updated in forever🥺. i haven't had a lot of inspo for this book bc i feel like no ones reading it and i've been working on my other kai fic. (it's called Void. shameless plug🤪)

you might have to skim through the previous two chapters to kinda refresh ur memory on what's happening if it's been a while since u first read.

enjoy! and thank u for waiting💖😌

CHAPTER THREE
[3]

song: everybody wants to rule the world by tears for fears

THE CAFETERIA is a cacophony of loud chatter, each table a cosseted huddle of people raising their voices to be heard above the din. The food is secondary to the information that is exchanged here. Over the over-salted fries alliances are formed and gossip traded like poker chips.

As Daisy stands in the queue for her plate of nothing fresh, she casts her eyes about as if in a wandering daydream, but really she's taking note of who's associating with who these days.

After getting her tray she heads outside to meet Jen at the outdoor tables. Sitting at the outdoor tables was something only the upperclassmen got to do— it wasn't a written rule, but the freshman and sophomores knew the shit they'd get in if they tried to sit outside.

Daisy sits her tray down beside Jen and huffs. "I did not miss this food." She spoke, preparing herself to eat.

"Here." Jen scoots her cup of fresh fruit that her mom packed her toward Daisy. Daisy smiles softly at Jen before popping a grape in her mouth and looking around to observe. "She just thinks she's so cute, doesn't she?" Jen says sarcastically.

Daisy follows Jen's gaze towards Carol and the rest of the cheer team, who were all propped up on one of the tables. "Carol gave me the nastiest look in my first period today." Daisy says.

"She's just jealous that Tommy's obsessed with you and not her." Jen scoffs. "You should rejoin the cheer team again just to spite her."

Daisy shakes her head and turns back to her food. "That's not my thing anymore." When she gets no response, she looks up to see Jen's wide eyed gaze focused on something behind Daisy.

"Hey, Jen." A familiar voice spoke.

Daisy hesitantly turned around to see Tommy standing behind her. She felt her heart practically sink into her ass as his eyes met hers. "Hendrix." He spoke with a smile.

"Hi." Daisy responded.

"You going to the game Friday?" Tommy asks.

Daisy glances at Jen— and back to Tommy. "Uh— yes. Yeah."