3. Saved by a thing

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The presence behind him was definitely getting closer just like the ones in his front. Taehyung didn't respond to any of it, kind of accepting his fate of dying like nothing in the unknown forest by unknown creatures.

He closed his eyes, hands falling on the sides as he stopped struggling to free himself. The pain in his ankle was nothing now, he couldn't even cry in his own pathetic condition.

I should've listened to you hyung... I'm sorry.

He let out a sigh, a shaky one, completely ready to feel the claws over his skin but to his surprise, a hand... precisely, a hand wrapped around his mouth and when he opened his eyes to the touch, he saw faint silver blade that was cutting the thing that was restricting him from moving.

"Mphh." He tried to struggle under the hand that was wrapped around his mouth, causing his words to muffle out.

"Shh." That's what he heard in the response. In the next moment, his leg was free and the creature was right in front of him, ready to pounce on him with the others as well. The horrible smell again started to choke him.

That creature extended his extraordinarily long arm to attack him, but the thing behind him dragged him at the right moment, saving him from the attack.

The next moments were totally blurred for Taehyung as the thing continued dragging him away from the creatures. He was literally being dragged, making him stumble many times because of his position and injured ankle, slowing their speed definitely.

A loud yelp left his lips when he was carried over a shoulder like a sack. Whoever was carrying him was running very skilfully through the trees, dodging the branches and fallen logs very efficiently, like a very trained one... or like the one who knows the way perfectly.

Who is he? Kidnapper? What if he is a monster as well?

The thought left him thrashing under the hold and he felt the air passing him more quickly. The grunts couldn't be heard anymore, also the thickness of the forest was reduced to some extent.

With his upside-down gaze, he saw a fence lining some area and he was inside that area already. He wasn't sure if he was saved or stuck in another problem. His bag was still over his shoulder, sort of hanging because of everything that happened before.

A little clicking made him turn his head to see, but he couldn't see much till he was inside a house,?

"What are you doing? Who are you?! LEAVE ME!" Panic finally made him burst out in horror, he continued thrashing in the hold and soon, he fell on something like a mattress.

Quickly composing his posture in a sitting position, more like a defending one, he glanced over the thing.

But to his surprise, the thing was nothing like those horrible creatures. There stands a very handsome boy, around the age of his late 20s. That boy turned on a small light placed near the mattress. Pitch black hairs, a pointed perfect nose, black orbs with gleaming white skin, an old black jacket with jeans, that's what Taehyung saw.

"What are you?! You- those things... do you... do you eat humans?" Taehyung asked with his shaky and low voice, eyes still glued to the raven-haired, hands clutching tightly over the bag.

Panic was visible in his brown orbs as his tan skin was glowing under the dim light. His whole body was trembling, showing the amount of fear he was feeling at the moment.

The raven-haired in front of him sighed, removed his jacket, and threw it over the chair which Taehyung didn't notice before.

"I'm not a monster, boy." He finally said and Taehyung heard his voice, soft, yet stern.

"In fact-" The raventte walked up to him, now having a water-filled bottle in his hand that he grabbed from the ground near the chair. "I saved you from those monsters." He breathed out, after leaning over the silver-haired.

Taehyung blinked his eyes to understand the situation. Well, it was true that the other male saved him, but the whole thing was messing up his sense of thinking.

A little scream echoed in the small house when his ankle was twisted out of blue. When his eyes fell over his ankle, it was instead met with the raventte's eyes.

"Don't worry, I just fixed it." Taehyung was on lack of words and actions. His whole body was still trembling.

When raventte felt that, he got up and sat near the silver-haired, to which Taehyung scooted away in an instant.

"Seriously? Why are you scared of me? I'm a human, you're still not believing that?" He asked in disbelief, clicking his tongue in displeasure, moving his fingers through his hair, totally frustrated.

"How will you believe?" Taehyung was just sitting silently, tears were again falling on his face.

"Come on, don't cry." The person said annoyed.? Taehyung couldn't decipher the emotion.

"Fine, let me introduce myself. My name is Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook. I'm 28 years old, what about you?" The raventte, Jungkook, asked in a polite tone.

Comparing the grunts of the creatures, he could conclude that those things don't speak and the way the new boy was talking, is definitely big proof that he was a normal human like him.

A cry of desperation left his lips and out of instinct, he brought his right hand up to wipe his tears but halted to gasp loudly. Because his hand was stained in crimson blood, his wrist was red with marks of claws. His hand started trembling violently as he sat there with wide eyes and mouth ajar. Soft pants and gasps filled the environment and Jungkook was alarmed by his condition.

"Hey! Calm down. You're safe now, Ok? Hey? Can you hear me?" Taehyung could hear his voice, but his mind wasn't proceeding with anything. His eyes were stuck on his bloody hand and marks.

"Hey! Pretty boy?!" He heard other sorts of yelling but the sight was blurry and in the next second, his body collapsed on the mattress, bouncing a little with the impact.

"Hey! Open your eyes! Pretty boy!!" Jungkook called him and tried to wake him up, but Taehyung was out cold because of the shock.

When Jungkook checked his pulse and heartbeat, he let out a sigh of relief and smiled. He concluded that the boy fainted because of exhaustion and shock. He cleaned the boy's marks and wounds carefully and laid him down on the mattress in a better position.

After cleaning and making sure that the boy was fine, he took hold of the bag of the boy to find out his identity. Going through his things, he was met with an I'd card.

"Kim Taehyung, a reporter." He continued and chuckled. "He is younger than me, by whole 3 years." Shaking his head, he put that card back in place and went through the little luggage. The bag was filled with a little wallet of toiletries, 2 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 hoodie, a towel, and little cash.

"What brought you here pretty boy?" Jungkook mumbled lowly, glancing between his face and the forest that was lightly visible through the small locked window.

______

Hi! Sorry for the late update, I was busy completing my other book. 😅