8: Comfortable

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung was beyond panic when nothing happened even after calling for the raventte for a while.

He harshly tugged on his own hair, contemplating what to do or what to not. In the end, he rushed back to the cabin to get the battery to search for the older one.

When he stepped out of the cabin again, this time with a light source, another scream of help echoed in the usually silent forest, giving him goosebumps all over his body.

Licking his dry lips, he stepped out of the fence lining the small cabin and some extra space around that.

"Jungkook?" His steps were hasty and uneven, too much immersed to find the other to even feel dull aches in his ankle.

"Hyung? Please, come back." His voice was low and shaky but was still determined.

The loud howling was just increasing like the ghouls were coming this way but Taehyung didn't stop. His shaky pupils were busy scanning the dark area with the hope to find a buff figure but found just dark trunks standing tall.

A blood-curdling scream from the unfortunate human made him freeze for a second before the eerie silence was back. Once, the silence was thick, he realized about his heavy breathing and loud heartbeats.

"H- hyung?" This time, his voice came back to him more clearly, making him feel more terrified.

Dried leaves crunched under his shoes when he took another slow step, only to halt when he heard the more crunching sound. His heartbeat quickened more when the noise just increased, coming his way.

Unconsciously, his feet started stepping backward when the sound came closer. His voice stuck in his throat as a loud growling echoed at a distance from him. This all take him to rush back to the cabin, running and panting as he tried to reach the safety of the wooden walls as soon as possible, stumbling many times over the fallen twigs and logs.

When he thought that the ghouls were chasing him, he was so right as a group of 4 or 5 of them were on his tail, growling, grunting, and howling as they saw him rushing away from them.

The light was kind of making him more noticeable, so he turned off that once the cabin came into his view.

With great difficulty, he closed the fence small gate and stumbled back when the shiny, fire-spitting eyes glared at him from a lot of distance.

"No- no." His hopes died as the horrible creature kept staring at him, not going back.

"Hyung... Jungkook hyung." He mumbled to himself and continued stepping back with a heavy heart.

Just the thought of losing the older made him crumble with all of his might. He felt his energy and hopes to leave him, but only, ghouls didn't leave him and kept growling lowly.

The rechargeable torch almost slipped down from his hand when he felt someone's presence behind him. Gulping thickly, he turned back and gasped loudly before jumping over the other in pure worry.

"Hyung?! Oh God, where were you?" His hands trembled badly as he jumped on the other, who luckily caught him right in time.

"First of all, let's go inside." Jungkook's voice was low, thick, and kind of annoyed that leaving the silver-haired with no other choice but to go inside, still in his arms.

Jungkook locked the door and let the younger hug him more properly, nose nuzzling in his neck as he breathed out a list of apologies.

"I thought, you left me. I was so scared. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to offend you or to annoy you." The muffled voice kept on speaking and Jungkook couldn't help but lightly smile, hugging the other's lean figure gently.

"Don't apologize. It should be me to say sorry for leaving like that," Taehyung pulled back with a confused look but Jungkook couldn't see his expression clearly because of the dark.

So, he simply guided the younger to the bed and made him sit before sitting beside him. With careful movements, he took hold of the younger's cold hands and softly traced the skin.

"I've anger issues," Jungkook started with a low voice that caught Taehyung's attention but the latter reminded silent to hear more from him.

"That's why I lost my control for a second and snapped out. I'm sorry for leaving but I needed to calm myself." He soothingly rubbed the cold skin of the younger and squeezed the hands gently.

"It's ok. It was my fault as well. You're as much as distressed as me. No one would like to stay in such a cursed place." Taehyung mumbled out, relief washing over him as the other explained himself.

"I called you many times but you didn't come. Please, never do that again." Jungkook sighed and scooted closer to the other and now, grabbed his shoulders instead of his hands.

"I was just behind the cabin and couldn't hear your voice until I heard their growling coming closer." Taehyung slightly shivered as the shiny, scary eyes of the ghouls flipped in front of his eyes.

"Don't leave the cabin like that again. I told you before, this isn't safe, especially at night." The silver-haired nodded his head with a soft 'ok', his mind still very much disturbed by the previous events and the raventte got that magically.

Smiling to himself, Jungkook scooted more closer to the younger and softly pushed him down on the old mattress. The tense body under his palms made him feel guilty.

"Relax and try to get some sleep." He softly said and Taehyung finally gave up. Laying down as per the guide of the other's hands, he made himself comfortable as the soft parts were delivered to his hair and felt the other laying beside him.

"Your arm, it must hurt." Jungkook chuckled when the younger mumbled out as he nuzzled his head onto the pillow.

"No, it's not that bad. You just sleep for a while." Taehyung nodded again, very much caring now to even say any word in front of the other. Even when he wasn't sleepy, he silently lay there and kind of enjoyed the soft pats over his head until he heard the soft snores of the older when the hand halted, staying over his head.

Time passed on but Taehyung couldn't sleep after his long nap. It was very uncomfortable to stay there in the dark when the sleep was far away from his eyes, but at the same time, it was kind of comfortable to be close to the older. The soft snores, warm hand over his hair, small distance, everything was settling a sort of warmth inside his mind and heart.

Before that, he was surely taken aback by the other's snapping but after listening to his reasons, he felt bad.

When he recalled what Jungkook said, his heart felt warm as the older came back to him when he felt the danger lurking around. Even in his anger, he was very careful about his safety and was eager to protect him.

A small smile formed on his lips when the hand over his head softly pulled his head forward but he blushed in the dark as his head ended up near older's neck.

He heard a soft hum of satisfaction from the other and couldn't bring himself to push the other. So, in the end, he let himself breathe in the skin of the other and closed his eyes, almost missing as an arm hugged his waist gently.

That was the quickest of him to be closer to someone in such a short time. Maybe, it was because there was no one else to lean on or there was another reason.

____________

Assalam o alaikum! Take care of yourself as its getting colder now and you can have all of my love to keep you warm❤