10: Deadly

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung was beyond surprised to see another human in the same deadly forest.

"Move, if you want to live." A deep yet whispering sound came out behind him and the voice was definitely of Jungkook.

The girl who was standing in front of them chuckled lowly. Her eyes gleamed with something that the silver-haired couldn't understand. She looked so excited for some reason. Her looks were so soft, but her aura was so different, she looked so deadly, just like the forest.

"Good to see some normal beings in this fu*ked up place, but you know what," She whispered again, slightly leaning forward before loading the gun.

"They seem hungry." With that, she pushed Taehyung but Jungkook was quick to hold him before he could fall. Even before they could compose themselves, loud gunfire resonated in the forest.

Taehyung felt his heart stop beating the moment he heard the gunfire and found the other over his body as they both fell on the side, their bodies rolling over the mud.

"Hyung!" Jungkook groaned when the blood started flowing from the wound that he got on his left leg, right on his thigh.

"Damn." The low curse only made the silver-haired worried as he could feel the death stares of the now very much attentive ghouls.

"No, no, no." The chant was continuous but the girl in front of them seemed very happy about what she did.

"See, they're drooling over you." She pointed out, her smirk not leaving her slightly chapped lips.

Jungkook just groaned again when he noticed the ghouls now moving towards them, or more like rushing while pushing each other.

"Hyung?" If it wasn't for the terrifying voice of the younger, he could've spent more time in the same posture. But when he noticed the widened eyes fixed on the blood leaking from his wound, he cursed more before lifting his body.

"Nu- hu. Stay boys, let them a feast." Her voice made the raventte only angry but when he tried to attack her with the knife he kept to himself, Taehyung beat him to that and tripped her by kicking her knee.

Jungkook gave him a glance but took a quick move to snatch the gun from her and shoot her leg instead, which left the silver-haired in pure shock.

Her agonizing scream echoed, mixed with the now increasing growls of the ghouls who almost reached there with their uneven steps.

"Let's go!" Jungkook was totally alarmed by the decreasing distance between them but Taehyung seemed too much in shock, seeing the girl withering in pain on the ground while trying to reach them.

"TAEHYUNG!" Jungkook had to yell before dragging the boy but because of his injury, he collapsed after a few steps and that's when Taehyung gathered himself before helping him with his trembling hands.

Taehyung tried his best to support the other and make a good distance from the half-dead creatures when he heard the loud screams of the girl. On instinct, he turned his head only to regret it as the view was so much traumatic to ever forget.

There, the ghouls were surrounding the wounded girl and were pushing each other to feast on her flesh and blood. His eyes were frozen on the view as the blood started to pool around the girl and under half rotten feet of the creatures. Good thing, he couldn't see the face or body of the girl but the blood was enough to trigger him.