15: Ready

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Hyung, are you feeling any better?" Taehyung softly asked, lazily chewing his apple half-heartily. He used to like apples but eating them in every meal, made him kinda bored.

Jungkook gave him a nod, munching on the berries that were almost gone from the basket. They again fell into the silence of the cabin, a soft voice of chewing could be heard but except that, nothing was there.

It was barely half eaten when Taehyung placed it on his side and just leaned back on the wall, mind still not at ease after the previous day's odd incident but his heart was pulling strings to keep him sane.

"Pretty boy, what's wrong with your little brain now?" Jungkook's voice dragged him out of his little trance. The other was looking at him expectantly for a satisfactory answer but he couldn't give him one.

"I don't know, it's just- nothing." He heaved out a heavy sigh, a deep frown setting on his flawless face. Noticing the distress of the younger, Jungkook quickly finished his breakfast and placed the basket on the floor before scooting near the other.

He whimpered lowly at the stinging pain in his thigh but still managed to get the seat he wanted to have.

Taehyung closed his eyes when he felt the other coming inside his bubble but suddenly fall into the ocean of ease when rough but soothing touch started to spread across his scalp.

"Don't be so stressed about anything." Taehyung kept his mouth shut as the other kept on muttering sweet words near his ear. That warm breath fanning over his skin, making his body fill up with goosebumps but in a good way.

It was so difficult to not be stressed under the circumstances he was going through. Last night, after bathing he couldn't blink for the whole night while the older slept peacefully even after he just woke up a few hours ago. Considering the weakness and exhaustion the reason, Taehyung let him sleep while fighting his thoughts.

Whenever he tried to close his eyes, it always showed the unwanted and horrified glimpse of the dead girl, scratching the little remnants of sleep from his eyes. He was exhausted, not physically but mentally. Everything was just getting on his nerves, literally.

"You are so handsome, Taehyung." The other took him off guard by his words. Avoiding the loud thump in his heart that happened on the words, the silver-haired opened his eyes only to fall into the abyss of the dark ones that were already staring down his soul.

"What?" His voice came out like a whisper like he was in some sort of daze, a daze of falling in those charcoal orbs.

Jungkook bit his lips, something unknown sparkled in his eyes before a sweet smile formed on his perfectly shaped lips.

"Why? No one said that before? Why so surprised, hm?" Taehyung gulped when Jungkook suddenly leaned forward, leaving no distance between their faces that he could even smell the berries the other had eaten a few moments ago.

In the silence of the eerie jungle, the silver-haired was clearly aware of his loudly beating heart. After the horrible experiences, he had at the place, that warmth felt so inviting that he forgot for a moment about his troubled thoughts.

"Hyung-"

"I never saw someone as attractive as you, baby." Another nickname but Taehyung was still in the same position, not knowing what to do or how to respond to the sudden words.