38: Golden cage

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

"Tae?!" The voice called him and the said person took a deep breath before turning back to find the source.

Jungkook was panting, sweat drops decorating his clean forehead and a deep frown accompanying that.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung silently watched as the other came to him and quickly took hold of his shoulders, eyes roaming over his whole body like doing a sort of inspection to find any wound.

"Are you alright? You are too much sweaty. Did something happen?" All the questions were bombarded within seconds and Taehyung just nodded lightly before letting out a soft smile.

"I'm fine, let's go back. I forgot the way back and ended up here." Jungkook looked relaxed on that and nodded before taking one hand in his own and soon started to walk back.

It didn't take long when they were out of the forest and the mansion was standing tall in front of their view. Now, when Taehyung's eyes fell behind the mansion, he found the clear summer sky and just distant trees canopies.

Jay was already waiting for them near the door and when he finally saw them both coming back, he quickly scurried back inside after sighing in relaxation.

The whole time, none of them exchanged a single word and when they were back, Taehyung silently trudged toward the room. Jungkook watched him going inside with a blank look before turning back to do something.

The living room was filled with clattering as the two were eating in complete silence until Taehyung broke it once again. "Where do you go for work?"

"A nearby town. I started the new business of marketing and is going well for now."

"Means, we can leave this place sooner?" Taehyung quickly retorted back with eyes still focused on the plate.

Jungkook took a deep breath. "Let's see, I'll do my best to reach that point."

After that, they were back in their room and that night, Taehyung silently laid back in his bed with Jungkook hugging him as usual. The time passed away and as he expected, the other left him in the deep midnight.

That day, he decided to ditch his usual medicines and see if Jungkook would go out at night or not but to crush his little hopes, the other really did leave.

The whole night, he kept on looking out of the window, hearing the growls of the wild animals from the forest till it was around 4 am and he heard the door of the main entrance creaking.

The other was back in the room to tiredly lay and cuddle him like he was starved for longer. The way his body melted when it was pressed with Taehyung's, gave the latter a sort of deep sensation. Maybe, Jungkook loves him beyond boundaries to feel this much contentment with just a hug.

___________

Around 2 pm on the next day, Dr. Soo left after the regular check-up and Taehyung was once again left with Jay in the mansion.

He patiently waited till Jay locked the main door with great care and rushed back to the kitchen, maybe to hide the key. Taehyung silently followed the other and saw him hiding the key in the upper corner of the top left cabinet.

Jay smiled to himself and turned back only to jump back in horror when he found a knife on his neck, by none other than the soft, innocent, and fragile-looking brunet.