27: Controller

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

"Don't you dare to hurt him!." The same words echoed, dominating the growls of the half-dead creatures as well. But that's not what caused the silver-haired to be numb, the source of voice did because that belonged to none other than

Jungkook.

_________

Entry No. 25

'We have managed to create the first draft successfully but unfortunately, the subject is acting weird. He did respond to the test but that was too fierce to count as success.'

Entry No. 43

'It's better than before, the subject showed a sign of proper response this time and this happened just because of Dr. Jungkook. He really hates to lose.

Well, subject no. 09 is what we can call, closer to our expectations. His eyes are a bit red for now, but I believe that's because of the serum and surgery. Other than that, he looked much calmer than subjects no 1 and 2.'

Entry No. 52

'Nothing is going as planned. We did a successful surgery on 35 subjects so far but only 20 are responding well. Their response is temporary as well. I don't know, how to overcome that.'

Entry No. 60

'Today, a disaster happened in the laboratory. Our subject 1 killed our staff member, so brutally. That's not what we wanted to do. There should be something that is still missing. Maybe, the serum is not compatible with all blood types or human behavior. I'm not sure if there is still a human side in that subject because based on his lifeless eyes and growling, he looked more like a monster than a human.'

Entry No. 75

'Finally! We did it! The serum wasn't what we needed for the project and Dr. Jungkook proved that today. He changed the whole project in an instant and now, all the subjects are responding to our commands. We can say, it's a wrap-up once we are done with the device to control them individually.'

Entry No. 84

'Everything is fine now. Jungkook, my pride, and only son wrapped up the project today by creating a device. Even if it's for all of them but he did it with the help of one of his friends. He was hiding in his cabin for the past whole week and today came out with this surprise. I'm really proud of our son, Juhee. I hope, you're happy up there as well.'

Entry No. 86

'We are planning to end this process and eliminate all the things soon. All the subjects are acting weird, not eating or drinking anything we offered them in the past whole week. They seemed out of it and hungry but still refused to take even a single sip. A few of them are looking on the verge of death but their heartbeats are still wild like before. Their skins are getting dry and... there is definitely something wrong.'

Entry No. 89

'We are nearing our end. I never intended to do that but.. please forgive me Juhee. I just wanted to do something to make you feel proud up there, to make my son famous for his abilities. But this all is ruined now, it's a total disaster and I need to do something to end it all. I need to keep that controller_______

____________

Taehyung's head was spinning when he saw the raven-haired holding out his pendant near his mouth and muttering something before the ghouls started to move back with very difficulty. He couldn't hear anything else anymore, just the moving lips of the older made him realize that he was saying something but not to him... to the ghouls.