(2) Family or Nah - Present

Chapter Two

I glared at the wall, the clock ticking in the background, telling me seconds that were passing. The night was nearly over and I had yet gone to bed as I was too afraid to face the nightmares that would haunt me. A sigh escaped me as I stood to figure out if I even belonged here.

Walking through the house I knocked on Carlisle's office before entering to find him there.

"We need to talk," I said, closing the door behind me as I walking into the room. "I need answers."

He nodded, placing the book he had down. "What can I do for you?" He asked, folding his hands together.

Another sigh escaped me. "I need the truth, Carlisle. Am I part of your family?" I asked, taking a seat as I folded my ankles and placed my elbows on my knees. "I know that our species are completely different and that I've caused your family a number of problems since coming to town but I'm starting to see you and everyone else here as family. Distant, distant, distant family but family non-the-less."

I looked away from his golden eyes as I spoke as I felt mixed emotions. It was true that I was starting to see everyone here in a different light. I have been with them for a while now and have even grown close to a few but I knew that didn't mean they felt the same.

Jasper words hadn't reassured me.

"Belle," Carlisle said as he stood up from his chair and walked over to me. "We already count you as one of us, though changes are still happening and we're still learning new facts about one another. You are like a daughter to me the same way that Alice and Rosalie are."

A small smile formed on my lips.

"You don't have to be turned by one of us to belong with us." He continued, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You're part of this family, Belle. You've helped us when we needed it, when Bella and Edward needed it. You've shown me that you care for everyone in this household, and that Belle isn't something everyone does."

I shook my head but looked up at him.

"I can tell you the more wrongs I did then the rights. Edward would love to tell you about all the wrongs I did and that no matter how hard I try the good doesn't make up for them." I stated, standing up. "Thank you."

He chuckled, a warm smile forming on his face.

"Always."

I chuckled, wrapping my arms around him in a hug. "You know, your kind aren't half bad after all. So, seeing as I'm part of this family can I have some dirt on Edward?" I asked, giving Carlisle a wide grin. "All's fair in war."

He shook his head at me. "I am not going to get in the middle of this 'war," he said, returning to his seat. "But if you just happened across a journal, it may or may not have something that involved him."

I walked forward, grabbing the journal that he was holding out.

"What journal?" Turning I headed for the door amused. "Oh, is it fine if I borrow a car? I kinda might've lost my bike." I glanced to see the confused expression as he nodded his head. "Sweet, I already know where the keys are and know which one I'm taking."

"Don't wreck it!" He called after me.

Like I ever would.

* * *

Picking up a few pebbles I played with them in my hand before looking at the window that showed a dark room. He was either asleep or not home and I was betting on the first part. Raising my hand I flicked my wrist and listened as the pebble tapped the window.