(17) Bleeding Dead - Present

Chapter Fifteen

Third Person POV

Emmett and Jasper raced through the woods searching for the vampire that had trespassed into Bella's house. They couldn't reach Belle either but knew that it was likely that she knew this scent and was catching up with them. It was possible that there wasn't any real threat to Bella and that Edward was over thinking this.

They others waited at the house, expecting Edward to return with Bella. Alice knew what to expect when Edward returned, knowing that he would blame her for not seeing someone enter Bella's room.

It wasn't like she could see a decision that hadn't officially been made but she knew that Bella hadn't been in danger. She knew she would've seen it if that was the case.

"Do you smell that?" Emmett asked, a grin breaking out onto his face.

It seems that his bet had been right all along.

The two vampires continued to race through the forest, neither pace slowing down even through they found a familiar and friendly scent. Both knew already what Edward would if he found out they slowed their pace because of her.

"That's Belles' scent." Jasper confirmed.

"She could be playing a joke on them." Emmett's grin widen as he figured that was what she was doing.

Jasper didn't say anything as he knew that Belle wouldn't pull that type of thing. It seemed that her emotions were balancing out as the days passed and that she didn't doubt everything anymore.

It was when they were about to break out from the trees did the smell really hit them. Neither vampire expected to find her laying so defenselessly on the ground. They had never seen someone get the best of her to this point.

They thought it was impossible to knock the girl out.

"Belle!"

The blood oozed, running from the wound on her chest. Her hair spread out around her, her hand reached out for the phone that looked cracked and open. The screen was black showing that the battery was dead.

Jasper flinched, the feel burning his throat even though it was nearly as bad as a humans would. He didn't want to risk hurting her as they didn't know the possible results if one of their kind was to bite her.

"Is she alive." Emmett stopped, showing hesitation that was unlike the vampire.

He wasn't use to her scent of blood either and knew it wasn't something that he would grow upon. He didn't usually notice her beating heart or that she smelled differently from his own kind. When she around him and his family all Emmett saw was another vampire that he could tease and mess with.

To him she was just Belle.

"We have to take her back," Jasper said, unsure if she would make it. "Carlisle might be able to help her."

Jasper walked forward, his jaw stiffening as he picked Belle's limp body into his arms. Both vampires left the area unaware of the eyes that watched them from afar. Unaware that it wasn't only that strange scent that they had to worry about.

Danger greater then they have faced was coming towards their home and town. Something only Belle would be able to put a stop to if she didn't get herself killed before then.

Emmett and Jasper pushed themselves to their limits running as if their lives deepened on them getting to Carlisle. Both listened as her heart grew weaker with each passing second, realizing that she had been alone for hours with a wound that hadn't healed because of the lack of blood she had been getting.

"We're going to make it."

Jasper was confident that they would make it and that Carlisle would know what to do. They would reach their house in 3 minutes, sooner if they could move faster then they already were.

The remaining Cullen's - unaware to what Jasper and Emmett had found - were feeling discouraged. They couldn't figure out who could've possible have wanted Bella's scent and been welling to leave Charlie alive. They knew of very little vampires that did that.

They heard her heart stop telling them the news neither vampire wanted to hear. Jasper knew that they were close enough to the house that Edward would hear them but he didn't realize that Edward was to focus on who was after the human he loved.

His head snapped to the door a growl rambling from him. The others coming to full alert at the danger that was approaching. Edward didn't have the chance to warn the others that it wasn't danger they had to face but something far worse.

Emmett came busting through the kitchen door first, his eyes scanning around before landing on the Sofia that was had a pillow on it. Jasper was half a second behind him the girl laying dead in his arms.

Belle body was placed to the ground as Edward covered Bella's eyes. 

"What happened?" Carlisle asked, placing his hand on her to check for a pulse. "She has a few blood bags in the fridge, get me them. Alice I need my supplies that I leave in my office." He ordered, his hands resting on Belles chest as he started compression's.

Emmett stood off to the side tell them what they had found and where they had found her.