(24) Dead Bodies - Present

Chapter Twenty-Four

A howl echoed through the night air, greeting me. Looking up from the fresh body I knew that one of the wolves had seen me kill someone. Looks like the cat was out of the bag a lot sooner than I expected.

I thought it'd take them at least five minutes.

Turning I took a step towards the house before noticing someone staring at me.

"Edward," I said, seeing the look on his face.

He appeared to be in pain.

Before I had the chance to understand what the vampire wanted or why he was staring at me with such emotions, I found a pair of cold hands touching my face before a pair of lips were crushed into mine. My hands moved, pulling him closer to me as my heart started to thunder in my chest.

This was what I wanted.

I wanted him to kiss me and love me. I wanted him to return my feelings. I wanted him to realize that I was better than Bella.

While she would die from her fragileness I would be alive.

As his hands moved from my face it dawned on me that this wasn't what I was trying to make it out to be. He was trying to trick me... and I don't get why. 

Confused and hurt I pushed him back, tears feeling my eyes.

He was trying to use me again.

"What the hell!" I hissed, giving him no time to react as I slammed my fist into his face. "I know you still love that human, so why the hell are you kissing me!" I demanded.

Pain stabbed my heart.

Edward looks startled. "You killed someone! We can't have you walking around without your humanity," Edward tried, looking behind me.

"He tried to kill me!" I growled. "Why did you kiss me?"

"To bring you back to your senses!" Edward snapped.

"Oh, so kissing someone that isn't your girlfriend is perfectly okay! You bastard!" I once again slammed my hand into his face wishing that he would bruise. 

Seeing him turn black and blue would no doubt make me feel better.

"I hate you!" I snarled at him.

"Belle!" He reached out to touch my arm. "I'm sorry."

I flinched, stepping away from him.

"Unless you want the humans to find this you should hurry and clean it up." I disappeared into the woods.

Nothing gave him the right to do that. Nothing gave him the right to continue to use my emotions against me.

I hated that I loved him.

I hated that I almost fall for his trick.

I hated that I couldn't hate the human that was keeping him from me.

Why couldn't I erase my emotions and feelings for him.

Why couldn't I just be free of him.

Why can't he love me?