(23) Alices Party - Present

Chapter Twenty-Three

I pulled Mike with me and into the house that was transformed from it's usually boringness to a look that reminded me of a nightclub. Glancing around I found Alice walked towards the two of us with a wide grin.

"Belle!" She said, clapping her hands.

I nodded, nose twitching.

"Figured it was the least I owed your family." I mumbled, spotting Edward and Bella, the pair disappearing up stairs. "News?"

Alice shook her head.

"How'd you manage all this?" Mike asked, amazed.

Shaking my head I watched as Mike fall into an easy conversation with the future-seeing vampire. Looking around I waited for the party to start knowing that I would be able to finally escape this place without something holding me back.

It was strange and I hated it.

I remember losing my humanity before.

I remember not caring about anything around me.

I remember not being held back.

This time around shouldn't been the same and it was but yet it wasn't. Maybe it was because of the werewolves that were differently from the ones that transformed on a full moon. Or purpose it was the vampires that wasn't real vampires.

Then again it could be the human that I came to the party with.

One of them, though, was keeping a part of me here and I hated it.

The doorbell rang.

Alice turned the volume up on the music as the rest of the Cullen's and Bella joined us in the front room. Mike walked over to me, wrapping an arm around me and watched as Bella opened the door for the guests.

Jessica came in first, her eyes narrowing at me and Mike before she gave Bella a wide smile.

Tyler, Conner, Austin, Lee, Samantha and finally Lauren followed quickly in as well. Stopping to talk to Bella for a moment before walking more into the house and looking at the transformation. Tyler and Lee coming to talk to Mike as Lauren and Jessica went to the side to talk about the place.

The party was a success for Alice, as Bella and Mike was the center of attention. With me sending anyone that tried to approach me a sharp look that had them scurrying to one of the other humans or Cullen's.

Hearing the doorbell rang I headed for the door, seeing that Bella was busy with Alice who appeared to have another vision. Opening the door I grinned at the boys that were standing outside of it.

"Look at what the cat dragged in," I said, watching as Paul scowled at me.

Jacob laughed, with Quil and Embry right along with him.

"Shut it." Paul snapped at them.

"Come on in," I said, stepping to the side. "The real fun is just about to begin." I taunted, knowing that they'd take my comment wrong.

Paul let out a low growl as Jacob and the other two pushed in, ignoring me. No doubt Jacob would be looking for Bella.

"Sam told you to keep an eye on me?" I asked, as Paul finally joined, looking angrily at the crowd around him.

He nodded, grimacing when one someone brushed against him by accident. "Yes," he said, through clenched teeth.

Looking behind him I noticed a uninvited guest outside, hiding in the shadows. "Ladies room, then I'll be back and you can watch me all you want." I lied, shutting the door and heading for the stairs. "Punch is that way."

Before Paul could stop me I disappeared upstairs, noticing the look that Mike was shooting us. Rolling my eyes I entered the first room that I came across knowing that it would be empty and I would be able to get out a window.

The cool night air blew against me.

My feet hit the ground, my knees bending before I straightened up. Strolling around the house I avoided any windows that would give someone a clear view of me. My eyes finding the uninvited guests easily even in the dark.

A low hiss escaping.

"I thought I told you to stay away from this house," I snapped, appearing before the hunter.

He looked startled for a second. "You thought it'd be that easy? I'll kill you and your clan,"he snapped, bringing out a wooden stake this time.

"Aw, no knife?" I asked, shaking my head. "Do you know what I am?"

"A vampire that doesn't deserve to be alive."

The sound of a door shutting reached me. Someone probably wanted to get fresh air before returning. No doubt the Cullen's were more intimidating to them then to me.

"I'm an original," I said, watching for the fear that natural came. "Stakes don't work against me."

"Liar!"

He came at me, the wood hitting my chest where he had been aiming.

Pain came, my body flinching back but I didn't drop. I stared at him with the same bored eyes as before.

"I told you it would take more than a stake to kill me. Besides what hunter doesn't know it's the heart you want?" I asked, as he watch me.

I pulled the wood out, once again grimacing. I was going to have to change before returning to the party or explain to them why I had blood all over my clothes. Actually that could prove to be entertaining.

Tossing the stake aside I cracked my knuckles.

"I warned you. I told you this area was off limits. Hunt me in La Push for all I care but I clearly stated that Forks was no longer a option. You see," I said, taking a step towards him, "you've seen too much now. I can't let you live."

He took a step back.

"What are you?" He whispered in horror.

"The smell of fear just gets my blood pumping," I mumbled, grinning at him with sharp pointed teeth. "I'm your worst nightmare, Love."

A scream bubbled from his chest, being muffled only by the hand I wrapped over his mouth as I sunk my fangs into him. His still taunted blood repulsing me as I drank some of it. Seems he was still trying to keep me from draining him.

That's fine, I always loved the feeling of ripping someone's heart out.

"Too bad you have to die. You were kind of cute."

His body collapsed, falling to the ground as I pushed him away from me, one hand no longer empty.

I needed to change before I returned.