(10) Beast Mood - Present

Chapter Ten

The good news: I didn't kill Edward.

The bad news: Everyone was mad at me for almost succeeding in it.

The very bad news: Mike might seen me go all beast mood.

I sat on the couch, my hands folded behind my head. We needed to come up with a plan that wouldn't involve us crossing the line. I also needed to think of something that would some how get them to forgive me.

Well more of get Carlisle and Esme to forgive me.

Alice knew that Edward would be fine.

Jasper thought he deserved it.

Emmett had made a bet that Edward would win but lost.

Rosalie didn't really care that I almost tore his head off it seemed. Or at least she's not acting any differently then before.

And finally the last person was Edward himself. I didn't need him to forgive me nor did I want it. He knew nothing about my family and refuse to believe that I could actually be as strong as his family even when it was clear that I was their equals more or less.

He was too bull headed to realize that my beating heart didn't stop me from being a killer.

I was sure I had done worse things then him over the years. I didn't regret killing all the humans that I have. I didn't regret starting all them pity fights that I had over the years.

The only things I regretted was falling in love with the wrong people.

"So how are we going to get her and not cross the line?" I asked, looking at Carlisle.

He sighed. "It's going to be difficult which is why we need a plan." He stated.

"The treaty doesn't really apply to me you know. Technically I can go over onto the dogs land." I pointed out. "So I should be able to get her."

"We don't know how they will react to you yet," Carlisle said, worried. "They won't understand what you are and might believe you to be a threat."

I grinned. "That's why you'll be there. To make sure they don't." I moved. "Of course I'll still respect the treaty and won't cross the line. I rather remain part of this family then have you kick me out. I'm quiet liking it here."

"You're not afraid are you Belle?" Emmett asked, cracking his knuckles.

"Of a dog? Heck no." I faced him, my hands interlocking behind my back. "I've had my fair of fights with them and I have yet to meet my match."

My grin widen as I thought back to a pleasant memory. I've had plenty of encounters with werewolves because of Klaus.

350-year-old Bella - Time Period

The horses carried us over the land, the sun beating down from high in the sky. Signs of life was far between each time we stopped to rest. It was like the land around us was completely empty of human activity.

Elijah rode ahead of me as we continued to search for signs of Klaus and Rebekah. The two of them had gone off on their own even though we had advised against it. Neither sibling willing to actually listen to the smart two.

"Brother, do you really believe that they made it this far?" I called out, waving my hand to try and cool myself down. "It is rather hot out today. Maybe we should rest."

He nodded, scanning around us.

I wasn't sure what he was trying to look for or find. Turning the horse I continued to follow his lead to a tree that casted some shade. I felt relief the second we got under it and from the sun.