Chapter Twenty-Seven

I watched as Bella raced through the crowd of people and to the vampire that she loved. I watched hiding in the shadows after stopping her to compel her so that she couldn't mention me to anyone. While Edward and Alice would forget me Bella would remember a vampire that seemed human.

Moving I quickly found Alice before she could get to Edward as well. I had to make sure that these vampires that Edward wanted to kill him so badly didn't know about me or my kind. There was still to much that I didn't know.

Would we be in danger if they found out about my kind?

Would they be able to kill us?

Could they kill an Original vampire?

How old were they? And how were they created?

Catching Alice before she could arrive in a fashionable manner I made her forget me. Sighing I watched as she disappeared with a confused look on her face. Shaking my head I moved through the city before spotting something strange.

Interest sparked in me as I followed behind the group and into a building. I stepped in, I blinded with them while looking around. It was strange that a vampire was leading a bunch of humans.

It was like they were being herded.

"Well this is unusual."

"So medieval."

Humans. They would've been much more impressed in the older days.

My eyes knotted together as I spotted them. Suddenly I realized that my thoughts had been right. This group of humans that I stepped in with were being herded to a slaughter house.

Bella watched with wide eyes.

"Welcome, guests! Welcome to Volterra!"

My pace slowed as everyone else began to pass me. They weren't standing alone but with an unfamiliar vampire. No doubt they were trying to leave before this mess happened and it looked like Edward hadn't accomplished that job.

I squared my shoulders, raising a hand before putting my hair up into a pony-tail. A smirk graced my lips as it seemed that I would finally be allowed to show my true self for once and not have to hide it.

It's been all to long since the last time I faced such a challenge as this.

I was one of the last few 'humans' to enter the room, the door coming to a close so that no one would be able to make a break. Many of the vampires in the room were inconspicuous clothing but three, all of whom stood out.

Their eyes were a blood red that I hadn't seen on Edward or the rest of his family. It was the color that I remember Carlisle saying his kind would have if they drank human blood. I watched as someone in a black robe quietly left.

The screams of the humans quickly sounded as the vampires attacked at once. I could tell that Bella and them hadn't made it far enough away. She would hear the screams of the victims.

My eyes fluttered closed as I flipped the switch.

A hand had barely touched my shoulder before I twisted around, my eyes snapping open and meeting a female red ones. I twisted her head hearing the snap as it came off after a second my restrains disappearing.

Her body fall to the ground - the noise stopping as the floor cracked.

"Whoops." I mumbled, tossing her head to the side. "My hand slipped."

The humans that hadn't been attacked watched frozen in fear and shock. The vampires stared with cold harden eyes. I felt someone appear behind me a snarl escaping them.

"You're human." He snapped, a mocking look on his face. "I don't know how you did that but you're mine."

I tilted my head, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Bring it, vampire."

He moved, his hands barely touching me when I threw him across the room. I danced to him my foot stepping on his neck as I returned the mocking look.

"Wonderful!" Someone cheered, clapping. "A human, yes?" He asked.

Bending down I ripped his head off, the noise echoing through the room. Accomplishing my task I once more stood and threw the male that clapped the head. It seemed that he was the leader of the group.

I knew that I should've been afraid but I wasn't.

"Do I smell human?" I asked, stepping off the body. "I'm always getting confused with them so I would assume I smelled like them." I lied, clicking my tongue. "You have a nice.." My eyes flickered around before they fall back onto him. "Place here."

He nodded, his excitement being a bit to much.

"If you're not human that what are you?" He asked, clearly interested in me.

"You're worst nightmare probably." Amusement went through me. "So how about this, creepy vampire dude. I walk out of here without anyone else trying to suck my blood and I won't harm anymore of you and expose you for what you are."

"Aro." A low voice rumbled close to the vampire that I had been talking to.

"That would be against the rules." Aro said. "How about you join us and I'll let you live."

"As tempting as that sounds I rather kill everyone of you where you stand instead."

The room vibrated with threatening growls.

Klaus would be so proud of me.