Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

I found myself once again staying at the Forks motel. I had tossed the bag beside the bed before falling onto it myself. The sun had set hours ago and I found sleep still a long time from coming. I knew that I should go try and see Bella but I couldn't bring myself to yet.

She'd last the night at the very least.

What could I say that would cheer her up after her vampire boyfriend broke her heart? The same vampire boyfriend that I myself was trying to get over.

Life just couldn't be fair.

My phone rang snapping me out of my daze. Sighing I grabbed it and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I had figured it was Alice or Elijah calling.

"Belle?" Charlie voice sounded panicked from the other end. "Is my daughter with you?" He asked, not wasting a second.

Was Bella with me? She should've been at her house where Edward left her.

"Isn't she home? Bella's not with me." I said, grabbing my keys and walking out the door.

"She's not. I've tried everyone and they don't know where she's at either. I have people here, searching the woods in case she went into them." He said, his voice filled with desperation to find his daughter.

"I'll come help." I said, ending the call.

What did you do, Edward?

The bike roared, before I took off. Bella would have to be in the woods behind the house. There wasn't anywhere else she would be.

Arriving quickly to their house, I saw a few cars parked out front. Charlie looked up to see me walking towards him. Billy was next to Charlie trying to reassure him.

"Belle." He called out waving me over. "We can't find her anywhere. She's not with any of her other friends and you were my last hope." He explained.

I nodded, giving him a sad smile.

No ones told him that Edward left. I could tell that or he'd be even more upset.

"I'll go help those in the forest." I said, patting his shoulder. "Don't worry, Charlie. I'll find your daughter and my best friend." I promised.

Charlie nodded, as I took off towards the forest that was behind his house.

"Isn't she related to the Cullen's?"

"I thought they all left town."

I stepped into the forest taking a deep breath so that I could find her scent. I ignored my other senses and focused on finding Bella before she got herself terribly sick. There, it was faint and hours old but it was hers.

I followed the path that she took, hearing other shout for her.

There was Mike, he was also searching the woods but closer the the house; Mr. Newton, Mikes father; and a few others that I weren't very familiar with.

A scent filled me and cause a filling of annoyance to go through me. I didn't know where it was coming from but I could feel the hairs on my arms stand end up. I wasn't the only creature in the forest.

I had to find Bella before the other thing does.

"Bella!" I called, finding her scent once again. "Answer me, Bella!"

I knew she wouldn't answer but it had to appear like she did if I wanted to find her first. There not to far from me was a faint heart beat that I knew very well. But that scent from before was coming from around that area as well.