Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

I stared at Alice blankly, her words being slow to register at that moment. She was asking me to do something and I had this urge to bust out laughing. It was September 13th and I had began fitting nicely into this life that I was living.

Bella accepted me even if I was different from the vampires that she knew.

There was no more incidents that involved me kissing Edward.

Mike continued to be a good blood bag.

"You want me to what now?" I asked, shaking my head.

A sigh escaped her.

"Come on, Belle, you need to pay attention." Alice said, giving me a pointed look. "Today's is Bella's birthday and everything has to be perfect. Have you gotten her a gift yet? And don't forget that you have to arrive before the party starts because it still needs to be set up. I wouldn't bring Mike, the less humans involved the better plus Bella already didn't want the party that's going to happen anyways."

I stared at her once more.

"It's that humans birthday?" I asked, Alice throwing her arms up as it seemed I still wasn't listening to everything she was saying.

Jasper chuckled. "You're annoying her, Bel." He said, wrapping his arms around Alice. "Don't worry so much Alice. I'll take her to get a gift after school and we'll be back before the party starts." He assured her.

I gave him a strange look.

"I had plans." I stated before shrugging my shoulders. "What if I get her a cat. There's plenty of strays around." I suggested.

"No cats!" Edward called out before appearing in a change of clothing. "No animals. She doesn't do animals."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"We'll she must if she keeps you around." I mumbled, giving him an innocent look. "Not picking the human up today?" I asked, curious.

"She wanted to drive herself."

My grin widen. "Don't much blame her. Wouldn't want to see your face 24/7 either." I grabbed the bag that I had tossed to the floor and headed towards the door. "So I'll meet you here when schools done, Jasper." I called out before leaving the house.

Emmetts booming laughter followed me.

Emmett and Roselia were getting ready to leave on another honey-moon and now I could understand why it was taking so long for them to. Bella's birthday had been around the corner and Alice must've wanted to make sure everyone went. Sadly that included me.

It felt like Alice tried to include me way to much in their family business. It was strange when she did.

I walked down their driveway at a normal pace watching as Mike showed up right on time. Grinning I helped myself into his car before the others could appear. Alice had no doubt saw Mike once more showing up but hadn't bothered to say anything.

They were slowly getting use to him coming around.

"Did you know today is Bella's birthday?" I asked, as he turned the car around and started back down the long driveway. "Alice said that I had to get her a present, though I don't really have a problem with that." I continued before he could answer. "I just don't know what the Bella would like. What do you think?"

Mike glanced towards me.

"It's Bella's birthday?" Clearly he didn't know about it either.

I nodded. "I know right! They should've at least told me soon so I had more time to prepare. Hey, so you wanna skip school?" I asked, looking at him. "It's a few hours to a decent size town, right?"