Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Pulling in i found a quick and easy parking spot closest to the high-school. Sitting up I looked around to spot only half the school lot was parked with car, showing that there was still kids that needed to arrive. Slipping off the bike a grin stretched across my face as a few kids stopped and whispered.

Clearly it wasn't common for them to get a new kid.

It was a few days ago when I came to the school and collected everything that I needed for my classes. Figured it would be less of a hassle then to wait until the last possible second and do it. It also gave me the chance to get the layout of the building.

I spotted Mike with a few other humans. They were tossing a ball back and forth talking about what they did in the summer. Mike's back was facing me so he didn't see me walking towards them like his friend.

"Dude, there's a new chic." The boy said, catching the ball that Mike just tossed.

Mike turned to see who he was talking about, his eyes landing on me fairly quickly.

"That's Belle." Mike said, turning back to his friend. "I already have dibs on her."

"That's not fair. You called that on Bella lost year before she hooked up with Edward." His friend complained. "Wait, how do you even know her name?"

I chuckled at their conversation.

So Mike had been in Bella after all. I had figured that was the case by how much he seemed to dislike Edward. Looks like the vampire stole the human before another could sink their claws in her.

Mike caught the ball with ease.

"Hey." I called out, stepping off to the side so that I wouldn't interrupt the game.

Mike turned giving me a smile. "Hey." He greeted right back.

His friend faked a cough to avoid having this meeting turn awkward for him.

"Hi, I'm Tyler and your one fine lady." I chuckled, as he walked over to me. "Wanna go out?"

Someone does seem shy.

"Dude!" Mike said, tossing the ball at him.

Tyler laughed. "I'm just joking with the new girl." He claimed. "So how did you two meet?"

"I ran into make at the cafe in town. He showed me around so I wouldn't get lost." I answered. "I'm Belle Mikaelson." I held my hand out for him to hold it. "It's strange not having many friends around. Hows school in a small town?" I inquired.

Tyler sent Mike a triumphant look as he began explaining to me what a school was like in the size of their town. I nodded ever so often to appear like I was paying attention, while Mike seemed to be annoyed that someone else had grabbed my attention.

Humans got jealous to fast.

A bell sounded, bringing back to the reality. Looks like it was time to begin the day.

"What's your first class?" Tyler asked. "I'll walk you there."

I hooked my arm around Mikes. "Sorry, Mike already agreed to do that last night. It seems that the two of us share all our classes but the last one together." I said, pulling the male towards one of the building. "It was nice meeting you, Tyler."

He nodded, frowning. He must've thought I'd toss Mike aside.

The morning classes progressed rather quickly and soon it was lunch. Mike walked with me to each class introducing me to different people that we would either share the classes with or see on the way. I found that Bella and Edward shared one class with us and that was during second period. Alice on the other hand didn't share any of our classes.