Chapter Five

Chapter Five

By the time that Edward returned I had Emmett pouting in the corner as it appeared no one was a match for me, Alice playing with my hair after she lost but decided that I was friendly enough that she had to do something about the -- in her words -- mess, Rosalie sat to the either looking royal pissed about something or another, Carlisle still sat to the side and asked me different questions, and finally Jasper getting the game ready for him to play against me next.

I had learned that they didn't eat food, didn't drink anything besides blood, and that they didn't sleep at night. These so called vampires were the complete opposite of me and my kind.

Though I didn't have proof that they weren't vampires like they claimed I couldn't deny what they said wasn't true. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that they hadn't left things out of the answers they given because that was what I had done.

I hgve them bits and pieces.

Half truths.

Could they be trusted with this information?

I released a yawn from the lack of sleep surprising those around me and Edward who just entered the room. My eyes meet his now dark black ones. So their eyes could change in color.

"You're Edward." I said, turning slightly to face him. "So you can read minds?" I quizzed, curios as I hadn't asked that question yet.

It shouldn't be that much of a surprise if he could. Having a gift would seem normal for these oddly unnormal vampires.

"Yes." His reply was cold.

"Have I touched a nerve?" I asked, leaning towards him. "Afraid that I'll suck your humans blood? Oh, Love, you know nothing about me if you think I'll hurt the human." I said, standing up.

His face twisted, a threatening look appeared.

I was surprised that he returned, leaving the human defenseless. I hadn't expected to see him so soon in fact.

Elijah told me time and time again that I had a bad habit of stirring people up. This was one thing that my siblings were able to agree on. I called them lairs and said told they only wanted to pick on me.

He also told me that I didn't read into a situations enough and tend to make things worse.

I called him a dog-face lair and ended up with me having to get Klaus involved so that he didn't murder me. Of course Klaus wasn't much help and tried to give feed me to the angry beast.

Not much of a brother if you ask me.

"Now now." Carlisle stepped between me and his son. "We don't threaten others around here, Belle." He said, his attention shifting first to me to give me a look that I didn't understand before he turned it onto Edward. "She gave her word that she won't touch Bella."

Edward looked unconvinced. "Her words doesn't mean anything." He said, judging me with those black judgmental eyes of his.

He was a very judgey person for being a stalker.

Like I'd trust you either. For all I know you're a pervy stalker! I accused, an amused smile forming as I knew he'd be able to hear my thoughts clear as day. Do you stalk her as well?

Edward growled, appearing before me with a threatening look. I stood up not backing down from his threat my amused look staying in place.

"Did I touch a nerve, Love?" I asked, tilting my head slightly back. "I already told the rest of your family that I don't plan on hurting her. What else could you hope to get out of me?"

"You should keep your thoughts to yourself." He snarled.

I chuckled.

"You should learn to control your ability then." I suggested in a friendly manner. "Some of us do like privacy though you might not under stand that word."

"Damn! I like her." Emmett said. "I have money on Edward ripping her head off."

"Nope." Alice jumped in. "It's Belle who will win this round."

They seemed to be making bets on us and the real game hadn't even started yet.

"Maybe you should control your thoughts and stop throwing them out in the open so hard." His eyes burned into me.

"Someone needs to get laid." I said placing my hand on his shoulder. "You should really control those hormones if you don't plan on doing anything about it. Hell, with the love sick like that the human was giving you I'd say you should be able to bag her whenever you want if you cant keep control of it."

His hand wrapped around my throat as the last words left me.

Was this what Elijah had meant when he said I always made things worse?

"Edward!" Esme and Carlisle shouted.

"Son, let her go." Carlisle said, placing his hand on Edwards arm.

My grin widen even more. His grip wasn't tight enough to block my air cords. He wanted to scare me.

Ah, how cute when lesser vampires think they're all scary and threatening.

"She's taunting you Edward." Jasper said.

My eyes flickered to him.

If Edward was a mind reader does that mean that the rest of his family had gifts as well? I wonder what they had and if it was anything like it.

Care to release me now, Love?

"Don't call me that." He said, his grip tightening.

Fiiine. I'll try my best to resit calling you love though it's only natural seeing as its what my family does.

"Then return to your vampire."

I pouted at him.

You really do wish for my painful death don't you, love.

His eyes harden though his grip didn't tighten.

His temper was worst then a newly turned vampire. He really did need to get a hang on them emotions before they took control over him. It'd be a shame if his anger lead him into a painful death.

Even more of a shame if it was by one of my family members.

I could only imagine what Elijah would do when he got wind of what happened tonight.

Ya it wasn't a pretty picture and he's suppose to be the cool headed one.

"Edward." Carlisle said.

A sense of calm rushed through me, bringing my senses to full alert and my body to stiffen. Confusion flashed before getting rolled over with calmness that shouldn't have belonged. That confusion disappearing before it had a second to roar it's head.

Anger - deep dark rage - went though me countering the feeling of calm.

My emotions were heightened when I was turned. I was able to control these emotions and make myself numb to someone of them. Rage like this was one of those emotions that I kept a cap on but I hated when someone tried to mess with what I felt.

It was bad enough when they tried to control my behavior as well but to mess with my emotions was a story that they'd never want to face.

This vampire family would all but learn that now.