Chapter Two

Chapter Two

It didn't take long for everything to get settled. I was asked a few questions and quickly released when they realized that I hadn't done anything wrong. The other three story had matched mine and made it all that easier to wrap things up.

"And your name?" The police officer asked.

"Belle Mikaelson." I explained once again. "I had just finished paying for gas and was getting ready to leave when that girl came running out of the store waving the card I had left behind by accident. Seeing what happened I ran to help her with those three guys."

No matter how many times I retold the story it would continue to be the same. Of course I had to change the parts about using enhanced speed to make it to her and that I had almost drained the rest of her blood.

"Have you ever meet the Cullen's before?" He asked.

I sighed.

"I never seen them in my life but I don't get how that matters." I grumbled. "You know what this conversation is over."

"I still have a few --"

I lend forward my eyes capturing his. "You finished getting all the answers you need and I'm allowed to leave now." I strongly suggested, watching his pupils dilate. "You are finished with me."

He cleared his throat, his notepad flipping close.

"I have everything that is needed." He said, a small grin appearing on my face. "You can now go."

Chuckling I walked past him, waving at the three that were still being question before once more settling on my bike. I watched for a few seconds longer as he walked over to help finish the other three.

I will learn the secret they are trying to hide.

The helmet slipped on my head as I kicked the bike to life. Leaning forward I grabbed the handles and took off before anyone could keep me detained any longer. There had to be a place around here somewhere that I could get something to eat.

Also to rest for the next few days.

A small cafe caught my attention and had me pulling over into. Stepping off of I pulled the helmet off and quickly went inside to get away from the weather. Maybe I wouldn't be sticking around after all.

The rain was becoming to much.

My phone vibrated as I found a quiet spot at a table. Pulling it out I saw a familiar name flashing across the screen. A small sigh escaped me as I knew that I would have to eventually talk to them.

It was becoming to easy to track someone and I would eventually run out of places to hide.

"What can I get you?" The waitress asked, a pad out and pen at the ready.

Giving the sheet a glance over I ordered a cup of coffee and a burger from it. The phone started vibrating once again as the waitress walked away.

Seemed like someone wasn't giving up.

"Hello, brother." I answered, pulling my jacket off. "Lovely weather we're having."

Of course he probably was having better weather then I was.

He chuckled. "Yes, the sun is rather bright today."

At least my guess was right which meant he wasn't anywhere near me. So if he hadn't found my location already what did he want.

"You don't call unless it's important." I said, leaning back. "What happened this time, Elijah?"

"Klaus." He answered, getting serious. "Rumor is that he's after you."

I nodded.

"Yes, he is." I confirmed his rumor and probably his free. "I've been running for a long time now, Elijah. And what makes it worse that it's my own brother that I'm running from."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He demanded. "You know I can protect you."

"Oh like how you protected the others." Sarcasm dripped from my voice. "I'd rather take my chances and face the big bad wolf."

"Don't be like that Belle." He sounded resigned. "He isn't that difficult to handle so long as you know how to do it. Klaus wont hurt you."

I knew that Elijah wanted to believe that with everything that he had. He wanted to believe that Klaus wouldn't hurt the family that he had left but I knew differently. I knew Klaus just as well as Elijah and knew that he would hurt me.

He'd stab me in the back if it meant protecting himself.

He was a ruthless monster like that.

"It's been years since we've talk. Do you really want it to be about Klaus?" I asked, watching as a plate was sat before me. "I would like to now if anyone new has entered your love life."

Reaching over I grabbed the ketchup and poured some onto my plate.

"Is he really that bad to talk about." Elijah said, not understand where I was coming from.

"When he's stab you in the back as many times as he has everyone else you'd understand where I'm coming from." I replied, staring at the burger as I lost all interest in eating it. "What type of creature doesn't have a heartbeat?" I asked, doubting that he'd know the answer.

My mind went to the three males and to what they could be.

"No heartbeat?" Elijah confirmed.

"I listened, Elijah and they didn't have one." I said, my hand resting on the table. "If I didn't see it with my own two eyes I wouldn't have believed it."

"Are you sure they didn't have one?" Elijah asked. "Maybe a witch was around."

I chuckled.

"You know witches can't stop a heartbeat like that. And their eyes were and unusually color as well. Can you find information about creatures that are alive but don't have heartbeats?" I asked, hoping that he'd help.

"Stay away from them until I do." Elijah said. "I rather you not put yourself in danger trying to figure out a mystery in this supernatural world we live in."

"I'll only promise that if you promise the next time we talk you won't bring Klaus up in the conversation." I bargained. "It shouldn't be that hard of a deal to agree to."

Elijah let out a sigh.

"Very well." He agreed. "Be safe, sister."

The call ended, the phone flipping close before I sat it on the table. A ting of guilt went though me as I knew that I wouldn't be keeping my end of the deal much like he wouldn't be keeping his end.

Elijah might value himself and his promises but after we became these creatures that walked among the living neither dead or alive, he hadn't been able to keep any of the ones he made to me.