Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

I linked my arm with Bella before dragging her out of the house with a quick goodbye to her family, and guests. I made promises with Charlie to return and force Bella to hung out with me more often so that she'd spend less time with Edward. Bella hadn't been happy about the suggestion.

She seems to really like spending all her time with that stalking vampire.

I hurried through the misting rain, tugging Bella along with me while ignoring the warning that she was a complete klutz. It'll take more then a simple human to trip me in such a short distance.

There wasn't any signs of Alice as Bella got into the car and I slid into the drivers seat.

"That was interesting." I mumbled, starting the car to find that the heater was on blast. "So you're Bella Swan, the human." I said, shifting the car into drive while adjusting things to fit my need.

"And you're the vampire from the other night." She pointed out.

She was more confident now we weren't around her family.

"So it seems. Alice thought we'd make great friends. No offensive but I don't see that happening." I pointed out, stepping on the gas pedal lightly to get a hang of the car. "I much rather use you to annoy Edward."

I stopped at the cross roads, seeing no cars coming.

"You're not like them." Bella pointed out.

"I wouldn't have guess." I looked to see she wasn't wearing a seat-belt. "Better fasten up, Love, or Edward will call human abuse on me." I didn't wait for her to listen to my advice as I pushed the pedal and took off in the direction I assumed their house was located.

"Do you drink animal blood as well?" She asked, the sound of a belt clicking.

I chuckled. "Ah, you poor thing." I cooed, shaking my head. "They have you thinking that all vampires drink animal blood. Better learn fast, Love, or it'll be the end of you. I enjoy myself human blood and the fresher the better for me."

She shivered in the seat. I reckon that outta scared her some.

Edward was so going to tell me I was somehow abusing his human.

"Don't worry, though. I told them I'll restrain myself from killing anyone in this area. Don't really want them looking bad with me round. They can't attract authorities and I'm hiding from my family." I explained, speeding out of Forks.

Turning I sent down some random gravel road that I knew wouldn't take us to the Cullens house. Alice wanted me to get to know the human I might as well do it my way. Bella on the other hand seemed to think I was taking her some place to kill her.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

I tilted my head. "No idea. I don't know these roads." I grinned. "Don't worry, Love. I'm not going to kill you... yet."

Okay so maybe it was my fault she started to assume this was were she met her end. I didn't claim to be nice when it came to humans I wasn't interested in.

"You're going to kill me!" Ah, the words I longed to hear even though they were not true. "Oh god." Her heart seemed to calm down. "At least it's not Edwards." She mumbled.

That got my whole attention.

"Why would I kill Edward? and why are you suddenly so calm? You should be freaking out but you're not!" I demanded, turning my head to look at her and away form the very long and windy road. "What is wrong with you?"