Part 20

Jodha prepared herself for the worst, considering the threat on the life of her life – her husband. She'd be a fool to sit and cry when she has the chance of protecting the Emperor. 'Why would the almighty target only her life to play with' she mused. Because, at the time, when she hated the emperor, she was forced to marry him, destining him for her life. Later, when she loved him, with all her being, she was forced out of his life. And now, when she is somehow gathered herself, her husband is back to woo her with all his might. She is somehow convinced that his love is just a by-product of his guilt. But if he chooses to continue his efforts, then how much she may ever deny, she is going to melt in his arms. She chided herself for being so weak in front of her emotions. She may show herself as emotionless, but the inner storm she is putting herself through is invisible. She may not be a part of his life anymore, but she is going to protect him, even if it costs her life.

She chooses to restrict her tears only till her eyes. No more crying. She is strong. She is a soldier. She is an Empress. She is a wife. A Rajputani wife of a Mughal husband. She is going to fight. Pushing all the depressing thoughts, to the back of her head. She decked herself in the costume of ameri soldier she secretly ordered for herself through Vijay Singh. Adorning her face with moustache and lightly dusting a powder to hide her alabaster cheeks, she was ready to sneak out from the palace. Jodha straightened her posture. She tightened the cloth around her breasts to hide her feminine nature from the world. If Emperor was king of disguise, then she was no less. She is Queen of Disguise. She had many talents hidden from the eyes of the world, which would come out at the time of need, just as now. Just like now. From her childhood, Jodha mastered several arts, which are less significant but more valuable. One of such being the 'master of disguise'. Master of Disguise is an art which is taught to the princes who are considered to be the best by the Gurus. However Princess Jodha due to her fierce nature and outstanding beauty caught the eye of the guru. Jodha was taught the art due to two reasons. One being her excellent skills, the other being her beauty. Guru of Jodha always knew she would be an excellent empress and a calculative administrator. Hence, she needs to master the art which would be very much helpful in future. Along with that Princess Jodha was considered to be a rare beauty that would captivate any red blooded male. Hence at the time of need she should be able to conceal her true self from the prying eyes of the world. Hence, the princess was taught the art, which she mastered it with ease rendering the master speechless as well as proud.

Jodha gestured Vijay Singh to distract the soldiers so that she could get pass through them. Understanding the sign, Vijay Singh distracted all the soldiers, and within a blink Jodha mingled with them. Vijay Singh being the head soldier started commanding them saying,

"Krishna tum anuj aur amar ko lekar us taraf dekho, humein lagta hein ki waha pe koi hain" (Krishna, you along with anuj and amar, go and see there. Because I think some is hidden in that area spying us). As the soldiers left, Jodha gestured Vijay Singh to continue with her plan.

Vijay Singh : "Aur tum badal, yaha kya khade ho, jao aur dusri taraf dhekho" (And you Badal, why are you standing here?, go and check who is on that side) saying so , Vijay Singh gestured Badal aka Jodha. Picking up the hint she immediately turned to leave. Being house arrested turned to be an advantage to Jodha. Because, none apart from the emperor, has the right to visit her. Hence she doesn't need a replacement of herself when she is out of palace. However when it comes to the chance of her husband visiting her, the chances are almost zero. Because Emperor, at this particular part of the day prefers complete solitude. It was, as if he is having his own personal time. With these thoughts she turned towards the way that leads to the guest chambers. Ameri fort is considered to be a great piece of work in terms of architecture. What people knew is only the beauty. But there are certain secrets buried within the walls, which can lead a person from one corner to other corner of the palace. Those secrets buried within the walls are the secret passages. Only a certain privileged people knew about the secret passages. Jodha is one of them. She is heading towards one such secret passage which led her straight to the place where shiv mandir is situated. She is passing by the guest chambers, when a familiarly masculine voice stopped her.