Part 12

Giving the responsibilities to atgah Khan ,his most trusted person and a trust worthy official.... Jalal started his journey towards his in laws place...... Where his heart resides.... Where his love jodha resides..... He looked back at the palace of Agra which is standing with a powerful aura but a sense of belonging and liveliness is missing.... And why not certain person has left the palace taking away a certain part of it .... And that certain person is also the possessor of jalal's heart ..... Along with him jalal took his brother like friend Abdul and , a son like nephew maansingh and a battalion of soldiers..... He observed that his son like nephew has never addressed him as 'phupasa' from the time jodha had left palace...... Now for maan Singh, jalal is only a king .... Not his"phupasa" anymore..... If seen it would occur to a third person that maan Singh is only a courtier but not the nephew of King....he knew amends need to be made... but those can wait . because the main task lays ahead.... that is to bring his heart and the possessor that heart back to their original place that is palace of agra.

Normally the journey from agra to amer would take a duration of 7days but jalal couldn't wait that long .. he and his army travelled tirelessly and reached amer within 5days....at the sight of the amer palace he is reminded of his marriage and the rituals he performed just to make jodha his... the news of jalal coming to amer has already reached the royal palace through the spies at the borders of the city.... hence the whole royal family is at the door step to welcome their jamai-cum-shehenshah....

jalal saw this and sighed soo much to follow the protocols .. his mind and heart screamed that the first thing he needs to do after stepping into amer is to go straight towards jodha and to bring her back.... but as a king he ought to follow the protocols...mansingh's face didn't exhibit any emotion, though he is happy to meet his family, he is just thinking about his bua.he need to meet her as soon as possible...

after welcoming jalal . everyone in the royal family along with jalal, Abdul and mansingh sat in one of the meeting halls in the palace....there is agonizing silence prevailing in the hall....none knew how to touch the sensitive topic.... finally jalal broke the silence. he turned towards raja bharmal and spoke

"why isn't jodha begum staying in the palace" one question shook everyone in the hall . everyone took a deep breadth to control their overwhelming feelings. jalal observed everyone. all their faces are clouded with pain and guilt coupled with disgust for him and their selves too.

bharmal answered

"Rajkumari jodha isn't allowed into the palace . she is instructed not to step in to the palace because according to our principles girls after marriage are welcomed with open arms provided they come along with their respective husbands. they are never allowed to stay forever if they come leaving the better-half's after marriage. hence she has been told the same and is not allowed to stay as a royal princess in the palace"

queen mainavati's eyes are misty after remembering how she disowned her daughter her jodha.colour drained out of jalal's face though he had an idea about what would had happened in amer. never in his worst dreams he thought of the royal family disowning jodha. the thought of her famly disowning is devastating. and why would it not be, the family for whose sake she had sacrificed her whole life by marrying a monster like him, the same family threw her out and didn't let her step in , is something beyond ones tolerance...his anger knew no bounds , just as he was about to burst out mainavati burst into tears... to hell with the protocol of being a queen.. the mother inside her is pining for just a glimpse of her child. mainavati spoke

"jamaisa get me back my jodha . from the day we've realised our mistake we've constantly being trying to get her back . but she has blocked her emotions ...she has shut herself, she is not the jodha I've seen . she is just not responding to anything. she didn't even for once saw back after leaving the palace. I know I've done a sin of not believing my child but Im ready to bear any punishment just get me my child back"

jalal closed his eyes in agony. because of him mother and daughter are separated , a girl is separated from her family. controlling his emotions he spoke

"this is the promise of your son-in-law ,rani sa, that he would bring your daughter with due honour and respect which she deserves, by earning her forgiveness " saying so jalal looked at everyone who is looking at him as if he is their only hope to get jodha back to the palace. he looked at mansingh who is looking at him with red teary eyes as if accusing him saying that 'you are the reason because of which i'm separated from my bua' . looking at him for the last time... jalal turned around and left to his jodha's room which is currently his room until he stays in amer.. its already night and the only thing which provides him solace is the moments they spent together, which come to him at night in the form of dreams..... tomorrow is D-day to meet her... I will get you back jodha...thinking so he slipped into sleep.....

thank you for waiting patiently my dear readers...im sorry for the late update...the next chapter will be the ultimate face off of our leads... will update soon

-SRIHARIKA