Chapter 30: Crazy...

Stiles' POV

"How could you be so careless?!" Katia yelled, storming around the room.

She was furiated when she found out Kyle stepped in to help me. We were all gathered in Scott's house once again.

"It's not his fault!" I tried to tell her but she refused.

"He could've killed you!" She screeched, looking down at her brother - who sat on the couch with his bloodied arm in his lap.

"I'm not a child that you have to keep an eye on me all the time Katia!" He finally spoke.

"Yes, Kyle! You are a child!" She leaned down right into his face and growled. When his eyes lowered, and humiliation took over, Katia sighed and took a step back.

She was really hard on him. All he wanted to do was help. Help me, that is.

"Kyle," her tone lowered now. She sat down and took out a bandage from the first aid kit Scott provided a few moments ago. "I promised Mum and Dad that I'd look after you. I took an oath to protect you from any harm. But I can't fulfill that oath unless you cooperate and do as I say." She explained as she cleaned the wound. "I need you to trust me." She looked into her brother's eyes, with full love and care. And it reminded me of the way my Mom used to look at me.

"Okay." Kyle mumbled, looking right back at her.

I stepped forward, just a few feet away from them both.

"I thought Kyle was a Wolfblood. Can't he heal himself?" Ethan asked.

"Not yet." Rhydian spoke from behind, as he leaned on the wall. "He hasn't been trained on how to fully use his abilities."

"We've started his combat training though. A real fighter, he is." Jana grinned at Kyle from beside Rhydian. Those two are always together.

"Uh, Katia?" I called quietly. "Can I have a quick word with Kyle?" She nodded after a moment of thought, and then got up to leave us both. I sat down, grasping the bandage and starting to wrap it gently around Kyle's arm. Katia entered the kitchen with everyone else for a meeting, which Kyle and I would join later.

"Stiles," Kyle spoke quietly, "thanks." A tiny smile appeared on his face as he looked at me. A warm feeling entered the depths of my heart, and I instantly had some sort of brotherly affection for this kid. I don't know why, but I just did.

"Why did you help me?" I asked, trying to understand why he wanted to help unlike everyone else in his Pack. His smile faded immediately and he looked down at his bandaged wound. "You're sister was right." I whispered to him, and he glanced over to Katia and the others at the mentioning of her. "You could've been killed today."

"But I wasn't!" He answered quickly, trying to indicated that he had more strength than we all thought. "I'm still here, aren't I?"

"Kyle." I said his name sternly, yet quietly. "This isn't some play-on mission." I tried to emphasize the dangers of this occurance to him. "This thing is dangerous. It killed two of my friends the last time it took over." My heart drowned itself in sorrow as I glimpsed back at the memory. "I can't let that happen to anyone again." Silence expanded between us, and I noticed Kyle just staring at me, observing as I looked down, refusing to make eye contact. "It ruined my life." I looked deep into his eyes. And I saw pain, grief, and sorrow. All the many emotions I felt. "And now, he's doing it again."

"We're not going to let that happen." The young child reassured with confidence. "I won't let that happen."

"Kyle, I need you to stay away from me." I told him blatantly.