Chapter 10: Screams...

Scott's POV

Lunch that afternoon was a little awkward. I wasn't sure what Stiles had planned in that head of his, but I hoped it was nothing too... Obvious.

"London, huh?" Katia nodded, taking a small sip from her drink.

"It gets boring though. Not many opportunities there." Katia looked down at her drink then back at us.

Something didn't seem right about her, I have to admit. It was like, she fitted in with us almost instantly. And everyone knows that a new kid never fits in that fast. It was like she was too comfortable around us. Like she expected our welcoming.

"What about school?" I asked, feeling nervous about this sly interrogation. "What are schools like back in England?"

She took a moment to think. "Uhmm, they're not that different I suppose. It's just the age range that's different."

"What are the age ranges?" Kira asked.

"Well, in London, we have Secondary Schools. They're like the High Schools here in the U.S. We start Secondary at the age of eleven, going on twelve. Then, we graduate from Secondary at the age of sixteen, going on seventeen."

"How old are you?" Malia asked.

"I'll be seventeen soon." She smiled innocently.

"Wow." Stiles commented. "So, if you were back in London-"

"I would've already graduated." Katia finished off the sentence.

"And you'd be in College." Lydia smiled.

"Yeah." Katia laughed. "You know, you guys ask an aweful lot of questions."

Uhmmm... "Like this is some sort of interrogation or something." Katia observed all our faces one by one.

She's catching on to us. "But in a funny way." She giggled.

I sighed in relief and chuckled, as she took another sip from her drink.

~~~***~~~

Lydia's POV

After our little question session, Malia and I headed to the trash can to throw away our left over lunch.

"She's weird." Malia mumbled. And I had to agree.

"Did you pick anything up?" I asked.

"Nothing. She's not like us."

"Scott said that too but," Malia looked at me oddly, "I just... I get this weird feeling when I look at her."

"What kinda feeling?"

"Like a tingling feeling." Malia furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Katia over by the table with the others, then back at me.

"Do you like her?" She asked and my heart stopped for a moment. I looked to her in awe. "Well?"

"Wha- I'm not Bisexual!" I retorted.

"Are you sure?" She teased. "I mean, it's okay if you are."

"Malia, stop." I scoffed.

"You said you felt tingly when you see her so, I just thought maybe you have a crush on her." Malia held up her hands in defense. "But just so you know, it is normal. I mean, I would be totally fine with you being Bisexual."

I glared at her and she glared at me. At once, she and I laughed at the silliness and began walking back to the table.

As we walked, I heard something. A sudden gasp for breath, like someone being suffocated. I stopped dead in my tracks.