Chapter 40: Feeding Time...

Stiles' POV

Kyle sat down near the wall, leaning back and keeping his knees up. He rested his arms on his knees and fiddled with his fingers anxiously.

I watched him intently as he payed no attention to me. He just stared at his fingers as they weaved in and out of each other.

"Well, you're definitely calm about this." I remarked as I sighed out of slight annoyance. Kyle had been sitting there doing the same thing for over a half hour.

"When is he coming?" Kyle groaned, flopping his arms to his sides and straightening his legs.

We were both frustrated. This wait was too long. And this room was becoming more and more uncomfortable for the both of us. It was beginning to get colder, and more damp and smelly.

"Forget it." I gave in to the wait. "Forget all of it. We can't get out." Kyle shot up straight and furrowed his eyebrows.

"You damn bastard." He seemed pissed at me. And I was surprised at his words. "I'm here to help you and now, after everything, you're just giving up?"

I stayed quiet and looked at the filthy ground as I leaned back in exhaustion.

"Your dad and friends are out there, trying to find a way to save you! So is my sister and Rhydian and Jana! And all you can do is sit on your ass and sulk?!"

"What the hell am I supposed to do, Kyle?" I asked, yelling slightly. "I'm shackled in chains, beat up and bruised, and I have no damn Werewolf powers like you! So, tell me. What the hell do I do?!"

"Well, you don't sit here like some damsel in distress waiting for a God-damn miracle!" He yelled louder, his voice echoing off the walls and anger rising in him. "If you think that you have no chance of getting out, because you feel helpless, or because you have no Supernatural powers, or because you're stuck in here, then think again!"

My heart sank inside my chest. And part of me felt like he was right.

"Scott said you were the one with the plans. You were the one that came up with crazy ideas to save people."

"Scott's gone." I mumbled.

"BIG DEAL!" Kyle shouted louder, his arms raised and anger was apparent on his face.

I looked at him in shock. How could he just say that?

"Shut up, Kyle." I said through gritted teeth. I refrained from just getting up to beat him for saying that. He can't say that.

"No! You want me to stop, too bad! I'm not going to keep quiet!" Kyle stood up. "And you're going to listen, whether you like it or not!" I looked up at him. "Alright, Scott was your best friend. He was like your brother. And now, he's dead. Do you get that, Stiles? Scott is dead! So tell me, do you think Scott wants you to sit here like an idiot and do nothing? Do you think he wants this for you?"

Before I had a chance to reply, or even think about what he said, the door burst open with a clang and in storm the Devil.

A gust of air, along with a nasty smell of damp, wafted my way and attacked my sense of smell, making me choke inside.

As the door clanged against the wall, Kyle jumped in his place and sudden fear entered the room.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his voice low as he walked in. Slowly, Kyle backed off towards the wall, not a word coming from his mouth.

"Eh, the usual. Just hanging out." I replied, casually and shrugged my shoulders. Right now, my heart was racing and felt like it was to rip out of my chest.

In rage and anger, he grabbed me by the throat and raised me from the floor, pinning me to the wall and pressing down on my throat, making it difficult to breathe.

"Don't test me, Stiles." He breathed near me and I couldn't help but choke desperately.

"Let him go!" Kyle grabbed the Nogitsune by the arm and tried to tug him off me.

His distraction worked, and the Devil let me go and I dropped to the ground, spluttering and coughing for air. But now, Kyle was thrown back and crashed on the wall, sliding down it in pain. However, Kyle stood right back up.

"You think you can conjure a plan to find out why I haven't killed that pathetic piece of flesh and dirt? And without me knowing?" He scoffed. "I know everything. Nothing you think of can help you." Steadily, he began taking step after step closer to Kyle. "It's saddening to know Luca still has some affection for you."

Silence entered the foom for a moment and by now, Kyle was leaning up against the wall and the Nogitsune stood right infront of him.

"Where is your little ass-wiper anyway? Did you him a day off?" Kyle remarked, and resulted in him being lashed at by the evil being. The young boy fell to the floor, but remained firm. The Nogitsune pulled him up by the collar and made him stand again.

"You and Stiles are just the same. You both use that sarcasm to defend yourselves. To hide that fear."

"Don't! Leave him alone!" But the evil ignored and went after him anyway.

He stepped closer and moved his hand closer to Kyle's head.

"You can't hide your fear, little boy. I can already taste it."

"STOP!" I begged, but he had already begun the feed. As his hand came in contact with Kyle, black vein like marks streaked from his neck and up his cheeks. Kyle screamed out in pain and tears fell down his eyes.

Quickly, I shot myself up and ran to Kyle's aid, but I was stopped by the chains on my hands. I was determined to save Kyle. So, I pulled and pulled. My hands were restrained behind me as I lunged my body forward. I could feel the metal piercing my skin, cutting through my flesh.

"STOP! PLEASE! LET HIM GO! STOP!" I yelled and yelled, my voice straining my throat, and my heart burned inside. I continued to pull and pull but my strength was too deficient.

I watched as Kyle screamed out in pain and struggled to breathe. His eyes rolled back slightly and his knees became weak, dropping him to the cold ground as the Beast fed off his fear, satisfying itself. Kyle continued to cry out in pain and tried to pull the Nogitsune off him. My words were drowned out by Kyle's screams and cries, and echoed for what seemed like centuries, piercing the ears of all who heard his innocent tone.

Finally, his hand was removed and a smile appeared on his devillish face. As he moved back a step, Kyle seemed pale and breathless. It seemed like his soul was just ripped out of his body.

"Kyle? Hey, hey come on. Look at me!" I called, but Kyle was too feeble. He couldn't move. Instead, his body fell to the floor right beside me and his eyes closed ever so slowly.

As he lay there, soulless and motionless, my heart sank into my stomach. A lump suddenly formed in my throat, and my lungs tightened. My mind fogged up with the words we exchanged only a few moments ago.

I rejected his words and neglected him. He tried to help me and all I did was turn him away. I was selfish, and stupid.

I grabbed him and hauled him into my lap, wrapping my arms around his cold body.

"Hey, Kyle. Come on, please." I begged him softly, my voice cracking at the mention of his name. "I'm sorry, kid. I'm sorry, okay? Just- just get up, come on." I noticed the Nogitsune from the corner of my eye, heading for the door. I whipped my head to face him. "You son of a bitch!" I had tears streaming down my face. But he didn't seem to care. He just stood in the door, his hand on the handle, ready to close it. "You wait 'till I get out! I'm gonna kill you, you God-damn SON OF A BITCH!" I yelled in anger.

His eyes narrowed to me, and an evil smirk appeared.

"Good luck."

And he slammed the door, locking it and leaving us both in the darkness once more...