Chapter 27: Unpredictable...

Malia's POV

We told Katia we'd take Stiles to Scott's house. Scott said it was better to have the same environment as we did last time.

"Hey." I put my hand on the Sheriff's shoulder. "He'll be okay." He looked into my eyes. It seemed like he was losing hope. Like, he was dying inside. Losing his wife, and now his only son. Nobody can know what that's like for a man who's job has a higher priority in most cases of his life.

"Yeah." He whispered in a hurting tone. "I hope so." Tears swelled in his eyes as he watched Derek carrying his unconsious son in his arms.

When we reached his house, it was daylight. I hadn't realized how fast time had flown by. Quite quickly, the night faded and day came out to break the sinister darkness around us.

"Scott?" Melissa called, appearing out of the room from upstairs.

"Put him on the couch." Scott ordered in a soft voice.

"Scott, is that you?" Melissa sniffed, as though she had been crying.

"Mom?" Scott hurried to his mother's side. Seeing that only made me long for my mother. I never did her any justice. I... I stopped thinking about that and focussed on Stiles. "Mom, have you been crying? What happened? Was it Dad?"

"What? No! No! I- I was just so worried. I'd tried calling, but your cell was off. I called Sheriff Stilinski but his cell was off too." They hugged and her arms tightened around her only son as she closed her eyes in relief of seeing her son safe. "Where were you? And for so long!" She sighed, wiping her tears.

"We had an issue to take care of." Scott sighed, pressure entering the atmosphere. We all moved to one side to reveal a still unconsious Stiles.

"Oh God." Melissa gasped to see his bloodied face.

~~~***~~~

Scott's POV

"We don't have much time." I stressed. At that moment, Katia, Rhydian, Jana and Kyle ran in through the door. All of them panting and completely out of breath. "Where's your Pack?" I asked. She took a moment to catch her breath and used the wall as support to stand.

"Half of them left as soon as Stiles went haywire. I got a call from my cousin, Maddi, back in London. She- she said, they recieved a notice from a friend that, they were on their way back home."

"What about the rest?" Kira asked.

"It was only us, and Luca and his followers." Rhydian gasped for air.

"So, where are they?" Isaac asked.

"We tried to pursuade them, b- but they wouldn't listen." Jana continued.

"They-" Kyle spoke up, his voice so young and innocent. "They attacked us, drove us away." Malia helped the youngster to a seat and gave him some water to drink. Lydia, Derek and Kira did the same to Katia, Rhydian and Jana.

"I'm so sorry." Katia breathed after sipping the water.

With her Pack gone, it was just us.

"Scott, you know what this means, don't you?" Ethan asked. I couldn't lie. I knew.

"No more army..."

~~~***~~~

"We can't waste anymore time." Derek emphasised. "Scott, we need to do it now."

"Alright." I looked to Stiles and he was still knocked out cold. "Hold him down." Ethan, Isaac, Derek and I placed our hands on Stiles, holding his body down as Deaton came through. "Deaton," I called. "the Kanima Venom." In he came, through the small crowd with the small container holding the tiniest bit of Venom to paralyze Stiles' body temporarily.