Chapter 20: Doubts...

Scott's POV

"Just try to keep calm." Kira advised as we walked side by side towards the front door of her house. "Peter is kinda right."

"You think so?" I asked, just for assurance.

"Yeah, why not? Lydia's a badass teenage Banshee who just so happens to be a member of a Werewolf pack with a True Alpha for a leader." She smiled as we stood a few feet from the door. "If anything, she's picked up her bravery from you." Kira chuckled, our hands intertwined.

I chuckled lightly. I just couldn't help it. "But..." I sighed after a while.

"What?" Kira questioned. "What is it?"

"That's just it." I said vaguely, and Kira gave a confused look. "You're all in my Pack. I've only been an Alpha for a small amount of time, and already, you all look up to me." My heart raced inside, spilling the truth out to Kira, telling her how being Alpha made me feel. "Everybody thinks I'm so brave and courageous, but, I'm scared. Every minute of every day, I feel my heart shaking and I just can't stop thinking about the safety of everyone I care about. Everyone looks up to me, and I know I took the responsibility to look out for everyone, friend or not, but-" I sighed again and looked to the ground.

"Hey," Kira placed her warm hand on my chin and made me look deep into her eyes. "I get it." Her eyes filled with such emotion, but I only realized it was the mere reflection of my own. "It's a big responsibility, and not everyone can handle the pressure, but," She paused and looked deeper into my eyes. "we're always here to help you through it. You don't have to carry it all like a burden. Every great leader has been through harsh times. But it doesn't last forever."

She had a point, but I just couldn't help feeling the way I did.

"Just remember that all tree's need a little water to grow." She smiled a little.

"Yeah, but too much water will drown it." I mumbled and her smile dropped.

"Scott, just don't think about it too much. I'm here for you, so is Malia and Stiles and Derek. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're still partly Human." At that, Kira leaned up and kissed me softly on my lips, giving me a reassuring smile once again. She then opened the door to her house and entered, waving goodbye as I walked back to my bike.

~~~***~~~

I spent the rest of the night tossing and turning in my bed, the moonlight constantly shining through my bedroom window and casting shadows in almost all areas of the cluttered spaces.

'I have this thing, eating at my mind.'

Stiles' voice echoed in my thoughts like a cassette tape on replay.

'It's eating at my mind...'

'It's driving me insane...'

'I don't want to hurt you...'

Continuously, the room kept spinning, voices crackling in every hollow of my ears, getting louder and louder.

'Scott?!' I shot up in my bed, sitting up straight breathing heavily. I knew that voice, and instantly matched it to the Strawberry-Blonde haired teenage Banshee.

'Scott, find me!'

'You're the Alpha. Find me, please!'

I wasn't sure if the voices in my head were real, or just a figment of my imagination. So, I closed my eyes as my heart continued to tremble uncontrollably within my chest, and slowly laid back down and took deep breaths, trying to remain as calm as possible.