Chapter 7: Turning...

Scott's POV

"You know I wouldn't hurt you Stiles." I tried to justify my actions, but he was still upset.

"I could've died, Scott! Okay, this!" he pointed to himself, where his bandages were, "This is not something that can be fixed easily!"

"I know! But I just got so mad when you-" I paused. I began contemplating over whether to tell him that he whacked out. He looked to me immediately.

"What?" He asked. I could see Lydia and Malia staring from the corner. "Scott, I hate it when you do this!" Stiles sighed, frustrated at me.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Tell me half of something and then not tell me the rest." He stared at me. "Tell me. What did I do?"

I took a deep breath.

"You whacked out." I mumbled.

"A panic attack?" He asked.

"No." Lydia came forward with Malia. "You whacked out the same way you did when..." Her sentence drifted off, but Stiles caught on.

"When?"

"In class." I replied.

"Is that it?" he had a tremble in his voice.

"And out on the Lacrosse field." Malia said, not bearing to look him in the eyes when she told him.

"And I attacked you." He took a big breath and sighed.

"Does my dad know?" We nodded and he sniffed, tears forming in his eyes. I couldn't stand watching him like this.

"Stiles," I got down on the floor and looked him in the eyes. "Don't worry. We won't let anything happen to you." The tears rolled down his pale cheeks as he looked to me in silence. "I won't let anything happen to you." Seeing him like this for a second time broke me inside. I couldn't bear it the first time. And now for a second time, my heart died a little each minute that passed with him in the state he was in.

"Scott," he sniffed, "these scratches..." he touched the bandages.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think they'll heal soon?" I stayed silent for a minute, observing his wounds.

"Can you get turned by scratch?"

"If the claws go deep enough."

The words continued to run through my mind like a tape on replay.

"If the claws go deep enough."

"If the claws go dee enough"

"If the claws go deep enough."

I saw his wounds, and they were deep. Argent was the most experienced Hunter in Beacon Hills, and with his words repeating over and over in my mind, I just... I had no other thing to do than to believe it. I was panicking inside my heart racing like the wind, my eyes aching, my mind haunted by the words.

"Scott!" Stiles yelled, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Yeah? What?" I stammered.

"You okay buddy?" I thought for a moment.

"Scott, you okay?" Malia asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

~~~***~~~

 Deaton came in later in the night to help Stiles heal so nothing seemed too abnormal. With a few herbs and other supernatural ingredients, Stiles was able to heal faster than we expected and he was ready to go to school the next day.

I walked through the halls of the school, my mind still occupied with the thought of Stiles possibly turning into... No, no. The wounds weren't that deep. It's okay. He'll be okay.

"Scott!" Kira called from behind as she ran through crowds of people to get to me. "How- how's Stiles?" She panted.

"He's okay now. His wounds healed pretty fast." I told her.

"What about the other thing?"

"Other thing?" I asked confused.

"The whole whacking out in class thing?" Oh, that other thing.

"Uh, he, uhm..." I tried to answer, but I couldn't figure out what to tell her.

"It's happening again, isn't it?"

"Yeah." I sighed, looking down. I felt bad for Kira. I know she felt a huge load of pressure before when it first started happening. She was determined to help Stiles, without killing him. But now there's the possibility of him turning into a-

Wait a second.

The scroll said that if the body of the host is changed, the Nogitsune has to find another host. If Stiles is turning into a Werewolf, how can the Nogitsune use him?

"Something's happening that you don't want me to know." I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh? What?"

"I know you're hiding something Scott."

"We know too." Lydia said coming from behind me with Malia.

"And you're going to tell us." Stiles came out from behind them.

~~~***~~~

Kira's POV

"So let me clarify this." I said as I stood up from the couch in Scott's living room. "Stiles is seeing the Nogitsune again. You scratched Stiles out on the Lacrosse field. And now you think there's a possibility of him turning by scratch. And he's also being stalked by the Nogitsune?"

"Wait a minute. Wait, wait, wait." Stiles stood up waving his arms around. "I thought the scroll said that changing the body of the host denies the Nogitsune the power to control me. How can I be turning from a human to a werewolf and still be stalked by this thing eating at my mind?" He looked around the room, his eyes fearful, not just for himself, but for every loved one he thought he'd hurt again.

"He's right." Lydia said. "It's impossible. But something is happening to you Stiles." Lydia had a look of terror in her eyes. Fear of losing him.

"It's either the Nogitsune, or," Malia sighed. "you're turning into a werewolf."

"But how do we know which one it is?" Stiles asked, looking to Scott who was silent the whole time.

"I don't know." Scott didn't look at Stiles. He stared at th floor and played with his hands.

"Scott," Stiles walked upto him. "Stop it." Scott looked up to him, directly into his eyes and tears began forming but they didn't fall down his face. "Stop blaming yourself."

"How can I?" He threw his arms up in frustration, but they only slapped back down at his sides. "I scratched you! You could be turning right now-"

"Or not!" Stiles interrupted. "Scott, listen to me, alright?" He placed a hand on his shoulder to help him calm down. "Yes, you scratched me. But whether I turn into a Werewolf or whether I get possessed by a Japanese Demon Spirit, it doesn't matter. What matters is that we stop it from happening again. I know you'd never hurt me." Stiles' voice had a quiver to it, and he began tearing up too. Slowly, they fell down his face as he looked into his best friend's eyes.

"But I did." The tears fell down his cheeks slowly. My heart trembled for them both. "I hurt you Stiles."

"Because I was going to hurt you. Scott, you're the Alpha of this pack. We need you. I know you'll do whatever it takes to protect each and every one of us. Don't blame yourself Scott. You've done nothing wrong."

For a moment, they glanced at each other, observing the tears they both shed for the same reasons: fear of hurting one another, or losing one another. And then they embraced each other in a tight hug. A hug they hadn't shared in a while...