Chapter 9: Foreign Student...

Kira's POV

We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out a plan, or at least get a few ideas. Things were difficult. Like, really difficult. Stiles didn't talk to anyone after what happened, and Scott suddenly stressed out about everything.

The bell rang for first period, and I met Scott on the way there.

"He'll be fine, you know." I said, out of the blue. Scott looked to me, baffled by my words.

"What?"

"Stiles, he'll be okay."

"I hope so." He sighed as he walked into the classroom and sat behind Stiles as usual.

I felt so bad inside. Like this was my fault. Everything is so frustrating now. We're all so lost on what to do next. Scott seems to be taking it harder than I thought. He looks like he hasn't slept or eaten.

"Okay, class." The teacher began. "Before we begin, I'd like to introduce a new member of our school. She is foreign so, please, do be nice."

At that moment, a pale girl with light brown hair, piercing green eyes and rosy cheeks walked in with a folder wrapped in the grasp of her arms. She wore a black laced top under which she wore a plain black sleeveless shirt, which showed her petite figure. Her jeans were torn in some places but perfectly fine in others. The strap of her bag sat on her right shoulder and fell just upto her thigh and swayed as she walked to the teacher at the front of the class.

"Everyone, this is Katia." Everyone just sat as they did, no response. Yet Katia smiled as she scanned the faces around the room. "Take a seat Katia." The teacher pointed to a seat behind, at the back of the classroom.

~~~***~~~

Stiles' POV

Class ended and the bell rang as it did on any other boring school day. We all packed up and left the classroom, chatting to our friends and getting on with whatever normal things teenagers do. Well, everyone but me and my 'crew'. We weren't exactly the normal bunch.

As I was leaving for the door with Scott at my side, I noticed the new girl, Katia. She seemed nice for a foreigner.

"Stiles?" Scott waved a hand in front of my face and I blinked, snapping out of my daydream.

"What?" Was he saying something?

"You okay?"

"Yeah," I replied, looking back at Katia without hesitation. "Do you think she's Supernatural?"

For some reason, I had the thought of her being a Supernatural. I don't know why, I don't know how, but it was just something in my head. And the thought wouldn't leave.

"What?" Scott scoffed. "No, no she can't be. I would've caught her scent."

"Let's find out for sure." I walked upto Katia before she had a chance to head for the door. "Hey!" She looked to me suddenly with no expression. "Hi. My name is Stiles."

"Dude, she's foreign. She might not speak English." Scott mumbled quiet enough for just me to hear.

"My name. Stiles." I pointed to myself as I spoke clearly and a little louder than usual. "His name. Scott." I gestured to Scott who smiled. We waited for any type of response.

"I may be foreign, but that doesn't mean I don't know English." She laughed. She had a soft tone to her voice, and spoke with a clear, British Accent. Man, do I feel stupid right now. "I'm Katia."

"You're from England?" Scott was just as surprised as I was.

"Born and raised." She smiled sweetly.

"So, what, uh, what brought you here to Beacon Hills?" I asked, trying to make it sound like a normal conversation rather than an interrogation to find out if she's a Supernatural Creature of mayhem or whatever.

"I, uh, moved here after my parents died." Katia looked down at her feet, her smile somewhat fading.

Aaahh, shit. Nice one Stiles.

"I- I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay." She sighed. "They- uh, they died a few months ago."

"Katia, we didn't mean to-" Scott began, but she refused to allow us to apologize.

"Guys," she looked to us with a smile, "it's okay. Really!"

I felt bad for her now. Her parents dead? How did they- no. Not the time Stiles. I remember when my Mom died. I sat beside her, watching her slowly taking her last few breaths. Her skin so pale, so cold. I remember hearing her take deep breaths, struggling to breathe.

But my mind was still in a battle over interrogating her or not. I needed to find out if she was a Supernatural.

"Katia," I said, still feeling shame inside. "Do you wanna maybe join us for lunch today?"

"What-" Scott whispered and nudged me. I turned to him and he had a serious face, eyes a little wide.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah sure. I'll even show you around the place."

"Okay, I'll see you guys at lunch." She smiled and walked out. I turned to Scott with a smile, but he didn't exactly have the same expression.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"Relax, okay Scott?" I patted his shoulder. "I got this."