16

London- Monday

Kate arrives at the airport, her cab slowly pulls to the side and the driver killed the engine. Kate gets out of the cab and grabbed her luggage. 'How much?' Kate asks the driver. 'Ten pounds.' The driver says. Kate grabs some cash from her wallet and gives it to the driver. He nodded kindly and turned on the engine. He waves and leaves Kate at the airport.

Three hours before her flight leaves. Kate enters the airport and knows the she has enough time. So she can take her time. She walks through the airport and searches for security. Kate hears her phone ringing and Kate searches in her pockets. She grabs her phone and sees Jason.

Kate answers 'I'm sorry Jay I can't talk now, I'm busy.'
'Allright, call me later then.'
Yea sure, bye.' Kate cancels the call.

Kate rolls her eyes and walks further. Kate thinks about Jason, she didn't feel the spark anymore with him. He became a burden to her and Jason attitude changed a lot since she got that internship. Is he jealous? What's off with him? She ignores her thoughts and reached the customs.

A young female with blond hair checked her bags and asked a couple of questions. 'You packed it yourself?' She questions. 'Yes I did.' The female smiles. 'What were you doing here?'

'I was here for my internship.' Kate tells the female who listens. 'Alright, ma'am you can go. Everything is ok. Don't forget your luggage.' Kate nodded and takes her luggage. She leaves the customs. She found a good spot to sit. It's not far away from her Gate and some small shops nearby her in case she gets bored.

Kate grabs her phone and her earplugs. She puts some music on and scrolls to her photos of the week. Funny selfies with Max and Lando, some pictures of the track, videos of the cars and pictures with Lewis. She searches the right picture for her Instagram.

After two minutes of thinking and searching, Kate found the perfect picture. The sun on the background with three cars passing by. It looks like a great wallpaper. She posts it on Instagram. It was such a great week 🏎❤️ @maxverstappen1 Kate noticed that her sister responded first and commented Ohhh nice 😍 send me more! Kate giggles and goes To WhatsApp. She selects photos and videos. Kate sends it To her sister.

Kate feels bored already and gets up from her spot. She sees a Starbucks. Kate walks over to it and read the menu. Let's keep it simple. A man asked what she want. 'Can I have a hazelnut coffee, please?' The man nodded. '3 pounds please.' Kate pays with her card. 'What's your name?' The man asked. 'Kate.' He walks away and makes her coffee. Kate waits and she hears more people coming. Kate hears her phone and picks up.

'Oh Hi sis!' Kate greets.
'Hi!' Amber sounds happy.
'Why are you calling?' Kate questions.
'So... Lando promised that I can join you in Italy! McLaren invited me!!!'
'That's so cool! I'm happy for you!'
'Fun thing is you work and I can celebrate my vacation!' Amber Jokes.
'Yea... well. Ur a lucky bastard.' Kate grins.
'I know, How's your week?'
'Good actually, I had a busy week but everything went well. I learned a lot with Red Bull and... I hanged out with Lando and Lewis this week. You've seen my pictures and videos right?'
'Yea I did, I saved them all and made my classmates jealous. But... What is it with you and Charles?' Amber asks curious.
'What do you mean? What's wrong with me and Charles...'
Kate gasps and the man from Starbucks gave her the coffee at the same time.  'Thank you.' She says.

'Well Kate... ummm Lando chatted me about that.'
'Of course, what did he say?'
'Well... Lando said that he thinks or knows that you like Charles...' Amber hesitates. Kate's heart raises.
'I mean that Lando thinks you like him.' Amber adds and Kate wants to hang up. Why would Lando tell this to her sister... and Kate doesn't know how to feel for Charles.
'I don't know.' Kate says.
'Sis, do you like him?'
'I don't know, I don't know my feelings for him.'

'For who?' Kate hears someone behind her and she got a weird trouble feeling.  Amber said 'oh shit.' On the phone and cancelled the call. Kate puts her phone away and turns around with her coffee in her right hand. She sees Charles who wore jeans and a Ferrari jacket. Charles looked at her. Kate becomes red and looks away. 'Jason my boyfriend, is it normal for you to eavesdrop when someone is calling?' Kate questions.

Charles grins 'no, I wanted to get something to drink and your speaking very loudly.' The man who helped her with the  coffee confirmed it. Kate rolls her eyes. 'Ok, Im sorry.' Charles looked away and ordered something. Kate walks away from him and finds herself a seat. She feels that Charles is looking at her. Kate wondered why this always happen to her.

Kate takes her phone out of her pocket and starts reading tweets. She reads a tweet of her friends. Two months till Shawn Mendes concert!!! Time goes bye to slow! I'm going with my besties! #mendesarmy #ShawnMendestour Kate smiles. She takes a small sip of her coffee and scrolls down. Most of the things she saw on her Twitter is Shawn amended fangirl going nuts, politics, f1 results, brainstorming and funny animal videos. Kate giggles when she sees a cat attacking it's owner from the closet.

'What is so funny?' Charles says and Kate looked away from her phone. 'Oh. Hey, nothing... well a cat.' Kate tells. Kate looks around. 'You here by yourself?' She asks. 'No. You?'

'I'm alone.' Kate says. Charles set down beside her and Kate is getting nervous. 'Where are you going?' He questions. 'Amsterdam.' Kate turns off her phone. 'What about you?'

'Monaco.'  Kate smiles. 'Nice place to go right?' Charles nodded and smiled at her. 'Yea it is pretty nice.' Charles confirms. Kate blushes and tries to look at something else. 'So ur boyfriend is a troublemaker?' Charles asks curious. Kate didn't know how to answer. 'It's really difficult.' Charles didn't ask more about Jason that's a big relief.

'When are you leaving, Charles?' Kate questions him. 'Within one hour.' He says. 'About two hours.' Kate tells. 'You mean with KLM?' Charles says and Kate looks at him confused. 'Yea, why?

'Your plane is delayed, 1 hour more.' He laughs, Charles looks at the flight Sign. Kate sees her gate number and plane
Arrival + an hour... This day gets worse and worse.' Kate mumbles mad. 'Good luck.' Charles jokes. Kate rolls her eyes and grabs her phone.

She opens Snapchat and makes a picture of the flight arrival sign. Yep my day is great 😭😂✈️ Kate sends her snap to her besties and snap friends. Amber responded fast with haha! and also send Kate a selfie. Amber is watching Netflix with a bowl full of popcorn. Charles also looking at her phone. Kate starts typing damn! I want to 🤩 but I got...

Kate goes to her camera. 'Umm you mind if I take a selfie with you?' Kate heart raises because of her question. 'Sure.' He said awkward. Kate takes the selfie with Charles and shows the coffee. 'Thanks.' She tells Charles and searches a nice filter. Kate sends it to her sister and types Starbucks ☕️ 😍

Amber types and responds with a emoji 😳 nice Katie 🥺 hij is echt schattig.