19

Kate got out the jet with Charles somewhere on a private airfield for only Private jets and small leisure time planes most of them with propellers. On her right a sign with bienvenue à Monaco what means welcome to Monaco. Kate learned some basic French at school back in the Netherlands.

She could have studied more french but in her third year, Kate dropped the subject for Biology and societySciences. Monaco is a lot warmer than England. Kate struggles a bit because of the heat. She took of her jacket. Kate received her luggage and follows Charles to a car. 'So.' She gasps and Charles looks behind him. 'What's wrong?'

'Whats the plan?' Kate catches up with Charles. 'Well, first go by my apartment to drop off our stuff then we'll see.' Kate gave him a nervous smile. Ah man... Please let this end well. A taxi waited for them, it's a black Mercedes sedan. Charles gave history to the driver and Kate did te same. 'Merci.' She says and te taxi driver smiled kindly at her.

Charles held the passenger door open for Kate and she got into the Mercedes, Charles closed the door. Few seconds later he joined her in the car.

——
After 10 minutes of driving

Kate feels the Mercedes slowly comes to a stop. The driver killed the engine and got out. He openend the door of Charles and later Kate's door. Kate gets out and looks at her surroundings. A massive building few sports cars and people walking around. Kate fetched her stuff and looked around again excited. Charles spook to the driver and Kate feels like a six year old walking into Disney world.

Well Kate never been to Disney world... but that doesn't matter right? Charles finished talking and the taxi left. Charles turned towards Kate and started at her. 'Are you coming?' Kate nodded and walked to him. They entered the building and got into an elevator. 'How long do you want me to stay?' Kate asks. Charles pressed the floor button. 'Hmmm, good question. Till the next race maybe?' Kate looked unsure. 'Well...'

'Or forever.' Charles joked and grinned at her. 'Well... I have this Saturday a field hockey match. I really have to be there.' Kate tells him. 'You can miss it.' Kate gasps. 'Believe me I can't. It's a teams sport. I can't drop my teammates for a holiday right? That will be selfish. I mean we play for each other and we win together.' The elevator door opened and they got out.

'What's so important?' Charles asked walking towards his apartment door. He puts his key in it and twisted it. The door opened and he got in. Kate followed him in. She gets overwhelmed with amazements. Charles apartment is so much more luxury then her house. Penthouse is the right word for it. 'If we win the next match, we will win the entire season as champions.' Kate explained.

Charles grinned and dropped his stuff. 'They don't need you, how useful can you be.' Kate feels embarrassed. 'Ouch, Are you making fun of me cause it feels like it.' She looked away from him. 'No, it was a joke.'

'Very funny.' She mumbles. Charles rolled his eyes. Kate turned to look at him. 'Where do I stay?' She questions. Does he has a quest room? Or a sleeping couch? Charles smirked. 'My bed, we can share.' Kate's mouth dropped open. 'Unless you're uncomfortable with that...' he added. Kate heart raises. She didn't know what to say. What must I say? Yes? No? What will Jason think of her? Her cheating?

Kate hesitates with her answer. 'Sure, why not.' Charles smiled. He looked on his watch it's almost 6 pm. 'Let's eat somewhere, what would you like?' He asked Kate who is looking very unsure. Charles studied her face. 'Well?'

'Italian?' She says. 'Fine, let's go.' Charles grabbed his car keys and walked with her back to the front door.
————
They got to the garage underneath the apartment building. Charles found his car a red Ferrari and Kate looked amazed at the car. 'Sweet ride.' She tells Charles. 'I know a sweeter ride.' He said smirking. Kate gulps and smiles awkwardly at him. She didn't know what to say and Charles knew it.

He opened the passenger door for her. Kate hoops in and fastened the seatbelt. The Ferrari seat is very comfy. She could fall asleep in this car. Charles got in and started the car. The engine made a loud growl. Kate is impressed by the car. Charles waited a few seconds. He turned on music. 'Want do you like to listen to?' Kate opened her mouth. 'No boybands, no BTS and no Justin Bieber.' Charles said grumpy. 'Fine, I wanted to say Avicii.'

Charles mood changed and smiled cute. 'Sure!' Kate laughs quietly. Charles searches on Spotify and turned on Avicii for Kate. The first song that came up is the nights. Kate wants to sing but she didn't want Charles to feel awkward. One upon a younger year
When all our shadows disappeared
The animals inside came out to play
Went to face to face with all our fear
Learned all our lessons through the tears
Made memories we knew would never fade...