2. Twin Disasters

A/n: Hope you like this chapter!!! Thank you so much!!! ❤️❤️❤️

A huge storm broke in the middle of the night. On that fateful day in the hidden streets of Godric's Hollow which was a magical village of witches and wizards and a village hidden by those who can't use magic, a snake-looking man wearing a black cloak infiltrated a two-story house while holding a white magical wand that looked like a thin wood made of yew. At the time he had stepped inside it, his eyes carefully examined the house to look for a room he knew as the house of two young babies-fraternal twins. The house seemed to be empty when he arrived but at the time the lights had been opened by a woman who was short and fair-skinned, the man pointed a black wand at her and uttered a magical spell to murder her. 'Avadakedavra!'

Her last screams of spells to fight the man who came to her masters' house were useless and later on, she became lifeless. It was then he heard two young babies cry in sync at the room that was just left of the living room. There, he saw a young girl and a young boy crying in two separate cribs.

Severus Snape, his loyal servant, had told him that a child of those who had twice tried to defeat him would give birth to the person who will become his equal. Soon, confusion swept his mind when he saw two kids before him since he had never asked him if the prophecy he heard had foretold the child's gender. Even so, he knew after hearing the prophecy that there were only two couples with whom the child that could equal him would come from-The Potters or The Longbottoms. He chose to attack the child of the Potters while he ordered his death eaters to distract the parents of both boys as he chose to kill both children.

Severus Snape was very much surprised by that revelation and what his master had planned and so, he had begged him to spare Lily but he had rejected him. The rejection was something he hadn't expected and it caused him to wake up. From then on, he ran to the side of Albus Dumbledore to ask to help him and do something to save Lily. The Death Eaters call their leader 'Voldemort' and he had assumed that the prophecy may be talking about a boy instead rather than a girl. He sneered at the thought of a girl defeating him and so, he just made the young baby girl wail in pain using a lightning spell to torture her. It was very interesting for him when he witnessed that while he was torturing her, the boy had stopped crying. He had also observed that it looked like the male infant wasn't afraid of him even if he was watching his sister get tortured before him. His disgust grew from the thought that someone would equal him and soon, he uttered a spell to end the boy's life. It was so strong that it was able to make winds swoop the room and rain to create havoc on an innocent house but the spell did not hit the young child. It was a total mystery to him how the child got unaffected by a death spell but while his body disappear, he saw that the two babies were wrapped in a golden, magical shield. The shield had allowed his spell to hit him and soon, he screamed at the top of his lungs as his body had vanished and the only thing that could be heard was the cry of the younglings.

...

James and Lily were utterly worried when they heard from Professor Albus Dumbledore, an old headmaster of Hogwarts, when they heard that their twin's nanny was found dead in their living room and their children were a bit wounded. The two of them rushed home after finishing the battle with a few death eaters and upon getting in the living room, they saw Aurors gathered around their house while they investigate who and why their house was attacked. The female nanny named Celestine Heaton was already brought out of the house and to the London Wizarding Forensics Division.