10. Melven City

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction!!! I hope you did like this chapter!!! I know that I update slowly but I still hope that you are enjoying this book! 💕💕💕

Lady Diana and James stayed in a small inn after they arrived in Melven City and James's observation, their journey was very much quick as they had ridden a dragon. Flying a dragon and flying brooms were the main transportation of the people of Feth Fiada but they also have wagons, landaus, and carriages. What's more surprising was that they do have designated places where dragon riders can land like how planes in the modern world land.

James was also able to be aware that Melven City was busier and more festive than Andenor City. It has a lot of colorful shops, hotels, inns, motels, restaurants, huge malls, entertainment halls, pubs, and stores selling magical items. There were also places where some seers sold their knowledge of the future. Some of them were real while some were just lying to the pitiful public. He had also observed that even the residents wear silver and gold dresses unlike the people of Andenor CIty. To see more of the city, he opened up the window of the room he was in. It was finally when he realized that they were only a few kilometers away from the Mountain of Elstaris.

He may have already arrived in Melven City but he doesn't know where he would look for the High Priest of Riocht. Even so, it looked like Lady Diana knew where they were going as after they had settled inside the inn where they had enough privacy away from too much noise outside, she was just staring at the brown map. "Do you know where the High Priest of Riocht lives, Lady Diana? Is there anything I can do to help you? This is my journey to see him, after all."

"We both don't know, Lord James," she replied to him. "The High Priest does only appear rarely to people and they say that if you deserve to meet him, he would already know."

"What do you mean?" he asked her. "If we can't meet him, my journey to go here is nonsense!"

Lady Diana smiled at her. "Lord James Potter, you shouldn't worry too much. I had already seen the High Priest before and I am one of his servants. He wanted me to tell you that your journey here wasn't a coincidence as you are a father of two chosen ones..."

James became speechless and what she said had taken him aback making him feel as if a sword struck his heart but after a few minutes after he had heard what she said, he had mustered all his strength to ask her, "My children are bound by destiny? How? Why were they chosen? Is our journey here seen long ago by your people, too?"

"Only the High Priest can answer your question, Lord James," she said after she had knelt on one knee before him. "He had ordered me to bring you to the Cave of Truth where you will find the Lake of Avalon."

"Does Queen Rowyna know something about my children? Was it also the reason why we were welcomed so warmly here? Are we truly a chosen family for something yet unseen?"

"As I have replied..." Lady Diana breathed deeply and she held on the map tightly in her right hand. "Lord James, only the High Priest of Riocht can answer your questions. I am but a mere warrior of Feth Fiada."