9. One Cold Morning

A/n: Thank you for reading this fanfiction!!!! I am very much happy that there are people who chose to read this book! ❤️❤️❤️

James kept on walking to and fro outside their room while two elves healers-Lord Patroclus and Lady Gwynne-were tending to his wife, Lily after he discovered that she was sick

James kept on walking to and fro outside their room while two elves healers-Lord Patroclus and Lady Gwynne-were tending to his wife, Lily after he discovered that she was sick. It had already been two weeks since she stepped out of their new home in Feth Fiada when suddenly, she developed a high fever and she kept telling him about her very vivid dreams for all those days. He didn't want to believe the visions that she saw in her dreams but it took a toll on his wife's strength. He doesn't want to see her die and he's hoping that the elves can heal her.

A few moments later, Lord Patroclus came to see James immediately outside the cottage to report to him. He looked at him again and at the time, he saw that he has white-blonde hair and glowing fair skin like the high elves of Feth Fiada.

"We gave our best to save her and you must not worry as she's resting in her room now."

"Thank you for all the help," he said to him. "How's my wife, Lord Patroclus?"

Patroclus lowered his head as he walked closer to him. "Your wife's untapped magic when she was in your world was activated slowly, sir. She told us that she was having visions. Is that true, sir?"

"What do these visions got to do with her sickness? I didn't think much about it when she told me. Wasn't it possible that those visions were mere nightmares?"

"It was those visions that made her sick, sir!" Patroclus screeched. "Being a seer took a huge toll on her strength as she wasn't trained how to deal with what she sees! She needs a mentor, sir."

"She wasn't a seer!" James insisted. "I've known her since we were students! My wife was bad with Divination!"

Patroclus lowered his head and held on to his staff much tighter. "You don't feel it but the Blue Gem had already influenced your magic."

"I don't understand. I have heard of it once but I had dismissed it as a mere bedtime story," James replied. "What is this blue gem that all High Elves revere too much?"

The elf refused to answer. "I don't know if I can trust you. He's someone that not everyone can meet."

James sighed. "Forgive me, Lord Patroclus. We are new here so I don't know much about how different Feth Fiada is from my world. No matter what, I'll try to adapt to the customs and traditions of this country."

"The Blue Gem is the gem of our Most Ancient High Priestess. It was she who had created the magical veil that protects our world from getting discovered by uninvited humans," Patroclus answered him. "No elf nor magical beings can ever be as powerful as her. If she was ever alive, she may have chosen to leave our archipelago and destroy the Dark Lord but alas, it wasn't her mission. There were prophecies that you must hear from our Queen. You must go to Melven City where you will find the High Priest of Riochth. It was only she who can explain her visions."