13. Elwyn's Magic

A/n: Thank you for reading this fanfiction!!! I hope you continue to support me until the end of this story!❤️❤️❤️

James breathed so deeply that morning while he stood next to Lady Diana who would be accompanying him in his mission to arrest or kill a member of a Death Eater that had suddenly entered the Elven Archipelago

James breathed so deeply that morning while he stood next to Lady Diana who would be accompanying him in his mission to arrest or kill a member of a Death Eater that had suddenly entered the Elven Archipelago. A white dragon was perched just right behind Lady Diana. His children and Lily were all afraid to see him go since they were all afraid to lose him.

"Harry and Elwyn..." He walked closer to his ten years old children and placed his hands on their shoulders. "I promise that I will go home."

Lily began to sob in vain, too. "I can see the future after coming here but why can't I find yours? Was the future that I can see so limited? Tell me why I have to go through this???"

"Don't worry so much about me," James told her. "We fought worse Death Eaters and we survived. You must not worry too much about me since I promise you that I will go back home to you."

Lily wrapped her slender arms around him so tightly after that as if she didn't want him to let her go but she knew that she had to make him go. She and James were both subjects of the Elven Kingdom now, anyway. "Your true mission wasn't about killing or arresting that Death Eater, James! You know your true mission and you can't just lie to us, do you understand?"

James kissed his wife and smiled. "Thank you for believing in me, Lily."

"We have to go now," Lady Diana told James. "Earendill Wing's in Melven City."

...

Harry couldn't stop walking to and fro near the lake at the back of their cottage after he saw his father sit at the back of a white dragon and leave at the side of a half-elf named Lady Diana. He didn't know what to do or what to feel at that time but for him, he hoped that his father would go back as soon as possible. "Dad will go back home, right? He won't be hurt by anyone."

Lily sighed and sat at the table. "Come here with me, my child!" 

"Dad will come home, right?" cried Eowyn while she was touching a blood-red dragon egg she suddenly found at the lake. "How will I know now if this dragon egg is safe here in our cottage?"

Lily and Harry suddenly stared at each other in shock after what she told them making them look at the blood-red egg that seemed to be pulsing and about to crack. She slowly took her daughter away from the egg that was perched below a tree. "Elwyn! Stay away from that egg, okay? It's about to crack and we don't know how it got there!"

"I know how it got here!" Elwyn smiled. "A red dragon left that egg days ago while you were away, mom."

"A red dragon just left an egg near our cottage?" Harry asked him. "Why would a mother dragon would just leave her baby next to a house where we live?"

Elwyn began to laugh at her twin as if he wasn't listening to their lessons at school. "The dragons here in Feth Fiada were different from the magical dragons of Europe and Asia. They were merely creatures who can't even speak and the High Elves called them 'Wild Dragons'! If a mother dragon left an egg next to a house where people live, it meant that one of us should take responsibility for it."