7. Safe Space

A/n: Thank you to all of the people who continue to read this fanfiction, especially to the first 100 people who will find this alternate universe fanfiction! ❤️💗❤️💗❤️

It was early morning when James stood next to Lily while they walk around the immense garden of white roses, lavender, and daisies. There were also beautiful tall trees in their background and when they looked further out, a flowing river could be found. The couple can also easily look at the shadows of the Amethyst Castle that were miles and miles away from them. The river's the residence of the mermaids and it does separate Andenor Province and the Amethyst Castle.

Lily stopped walking as she gazed at James's blue eyes intensely. "Do you think we will be able to adapt to this country? I don't know if we could live long here, James! Our children wouldn't know much of the outside world or the fight we went through."

James hugged her tightly after he dried her tears. "Wouldn't it be better for them that they don't know our struggle? Isn't it the reason they're here? We came here to protect our children, Lily. The elves and the dragon riders in this country will train our children when they begin exhibiting magic."

"Maybe we could keep telling them and homeschool them in their earlier years," Lily suggested. "Would you be an Auror in this village? Do you need to serve Queen Rowyna and Governor Ulfhild?"

"Lily," James sighed. "Yes, I will serve Governor Ulfhild as it was my only way to earn money in the country we immigrated in. We cannot be guests wherein a kind queen would finance our living expenses in her country's human settlement. Most of all, I don't want to live from someone else's pocket money."

"I understand that but James-!" Lily's tears began to cascade down her pale cheeks. "Forgive me for acting like this, James. I do think you're right. You need a stable job if we want to make sure our children will live with dignity in this country."

"I know that you're still in shock that we were brought here by fate but we have to accept things that had happened to us," James reminded her. "There must be a reason why we are here. We both know that we have to keep living for our children's sake. Professor Dumbledore allowed us to live in peace in this country but he also knew that leaving England was the best sacrifice we can give our children. We cannot afford to go and leave one village to another as we protect our children from death eaters."

After that, Lily took him around her arms and she kept apologizing. "If you weren't here beside me, I may have become insane. You reminded me that we left England to protect our children who might have been bound by a prophecy."

"Dumbledore sent me a letter today through a magical elf mirror in my room and he told me that Sybil Trelawney saw one of our children's future. It might have been fate that brought us here as he said that our children do have mysterious futures that could have been seen by seers since the olden times." James held his wife's hands tighter. "The only thing we can do was to support them. As a father and as a mother, that's our duty. Protecting them and helping them grow is now our mission, Lily."