14. Dangers of Magic

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction! I hope you enjoy it! ❤️

Two weeks had long passed since James and Lady Diana left for his mission to capture a very dangerous elf wizard named Earendill Wing

Two weeks had long passed since James and Lady Diana left for his mission to capture a very dangerous elf wizard named Earendill Wing. Lily was then left to take care of her twins, Harry and Elwyn. As far as she could observe at that time, both of her children do have different strengths and weaknesses. Elwyn was just too good to take care of a growing red dragon, good in Elven Spells, and potions but was weak to use the spells that Lily tried to teach her which she had learned from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was Harry who was so good at them and he did love playing Quidditch with the other young boys in their town. He's friendly, and very sociable, too but he can't even use any Elven Spells and even learn them. What worried her most was that he could speak Parseltongue.

As days had gone by, she hoped that James will go home safe and sound. She was pretty much grateful from time to time when she always received letters every week from James, too. Currently, he's in Melven City with Lady Diana. 

Lady Claude, one of the forest elves who work as a maid for her and was hired by Queen Rowyna handed her a letter that she received from another elf messenger from Melven City while she was strolling about in the living room of their cottage. "It's another letter, ma'am. It's from your husband, Lord James Potter, Knight of Andenor."

Lily thanked her and accepted the letter. "When did my husband get knighted? I wasn't informed by that matter."

"Queen Rowyna didn't have time to tell you, ma'am," she replied to her. "It was necessary before she sent Lord Potter to Melven City to arrest an elf death eater named Earendill Wing."

"How's the progress in their search for that man?" Lily sighed. "It's been weeks since my husband left." 

Lady Claude held her cold hands to calm her down and her warm glowing hands helped Lily to breathe in. She closed her eyes and at the time she opened her eyes, her heart had calmed down since with her help, she was able to feel James's aura even if he was far from her. 

"Thank you, Lady Claude," Lily told her. "He's not hurt and he's still alive."

"Wasn't it much better if you open the letter to know more about their mission?" Lady Claude offered her. "He might be telling you something about the mission."

Lily agreed with her and soon, she quickly opened it and read it aloud: "

To my dear Lily,

How are all of you out there in Andenor City? I do hope that all of you are safe out there. Melven City had become chaotic and violent ever since Earendill Wing stepped his foot in this once peaceful Elven Market Place. It became clear to me and Lady Diana that the man we were looking for had significant influence over many elves and men here. He was acting like Grindelwald. He had been recruiting many men and women to rebel against the kingdom and destroy the blue gem in the High Mountains of Eowine.