16: Sacrifices

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction! I know that it's been a long time since I wrote anything here! Hope that you like this new chapter!

One year had passed since Queen Rowyna chose to go to war against Earaendill Wing and his supporters in Melven City but ever since that day, she began to lose strength as she cannot believe that the might of a young elf who had been in support of ...

One year had passed since Queen Rowyna chose to go to war against Earaendill Wing and his supporters in Melven City but ever since that day, she began to lose strength as she cannot believe that the might of a young elf who had been in support of a dark lord will be that strong and influential. "Can you tell me anything you know about Eareandill Wing, Mr. James Potter? What about the war in your home country? Do you know anything?"

Most of the men, elves, and even a few dwarves in Melven City had chosen to side with him. What was surprising was that they all screamed hatred against the royal family and they all want the blue gem that had protected their archipelago to be removed from its tower to reveal their country to the world already. The royal family of the Amethyst Castle had not lost the war against him but even after they had arrested Eareandill Wing, the support had not been broken. Most of all, he had escaped his jail and had returned to Melven City. James knelt on one knee and lowered his head. "He has a strong influence in Melven City. I had heard that you may have won the war and was able to get it back as your territory but the men had been against the rulers in Amethyst Castle. I believe that he may be able to muster up another rebellion if we are not careful."

"Eareandill Wing has lost his wand," Queen Rowyna told him. "He is an elf just like us but why isn't he thinking the same as most of us? Why had he chosen to be loyal to a mere wizard? Has he forgotten how the humans in the outside world treated us? They saw us as vermin! We may have opened our doors to humans but only a few men and women! Why has he betrayed the beliefs of his kind?"

Royal Adviser Cinwell also knelt on one knee before her while holding his sword in front of him. Like Rowyna, he is an elf but he is also a warrior and to all warriors in his army, he's the fairest and a very loyal retainer of Queen Rowyna. "Your Majesty! Do not be distraught and lose hope! The man lost much of his power after he had lost the war. I had heard that he had chosen to live in caves in Melven City. He won't be able to create as much chaos as how he did when he first arrived!"

"Cinwell, I know that but I am worried that his influence might reach the castle! Have you heard the cabinet and my ministers? Some of them may have turned their backs to me!" she told him. "We cannot leave him alone and let him stay alive! If ever you find him, he has to be hanged! Bring him here and we will show to the world that we elves still have power!"

Cinwell and James were both very worried for her ever since the day that the war had ended since even if they had won, the queen had been losing her light, and it was clear to many that she was losing strength. She had always been worried that people will revolt and that people would want to kill her. It had also shocked them when she had stabbed one of her most loyal generals to death just because he wasn't able to re-arrest Eareandill Wing.

"Forgive us for our incompetence, sire!" James and Cinwell said to her. "We will do our best to find him."

"Make sure that you do or else...!" Queen Rowyna pointed her sword at both of them. "Or else... I will kill you both and change the two of you to someone more capable!"

James and Cinwell didn't choose to speak more and say anything more while the queen staggers to walk back to her throne. For so long, she had been very sick and most people believe that she was losing her sanity.

"I can't trust anybody anymore!" she cried out to them. "I don't even know who was truly on my side or not!"

Cinwell stood up to hold her even if she had not ordered him to stand. "You need to rest, sire! Aren't you too tired for today?"

Queen Rowyna agreed with him, and soon, she told James, "You are dismissed, Mr. James Potter. Please leave before my sickness overwhelms me and I do something to you that I will regret."

James didn't want to leave her alone after seeing how much the last war had affected her. He hated seeing her so sick. He cannot even believe that Feth Fiada was affected by the war with Dark Lord Voldemort as well. "Is it alright to leave?"

"You need to leave, Mr. Potter," Cinwell told him while he was carrying Queen Rowyna in his arms. "It is my duty and responsibility to take care of the queen."

James sighed, and soon, he bowed before them and left the throne hall with a heavy heart. As much as he wanted to find Eareandill Wing, he doesn't know where he will find him as he seemed to have disappeared the same as how the Dark Lord vanished.

...

A few hours later, Cinwell met with James at his cottage. It was still a huge surprise for most people that James's daughter, Elwyn Potter, will be a dragon rider. Her dragon, Ruby, had already grown very mighty but also, very naughty too. She had always played with Harry and Elwyn and so, it always worried Lily and James when they go up in the air but Lord Emrys had always assured them that they will be fine.

"How is the queen?" James asked him. "Shouldn't you be beside her today?"

Cinwell sighed while looking at Harry, Elwyn, and Lily who were all eating cooked mushrooms alongside Ruby, The Red Dragon in front of the river. "You don't need to involve yourself regarding Queen Rowyna and Eareandill Wing. You do have a family here who would grieve if you suddenly pass away. I know that you're saying that you can't just stay blind over what you saw today but as his adviser, I can't make her order you to find someone as powerful and influential as that elf wizard."

"Are you telling me to focus myself on raising my kids?" James asked him. "Ever since we resided here, we had taken an oath that we will be loyal to the Amethyst Castle."

"You know the prophecy, James," Cinwell reminded him. "We don't know if it was your child or another person's child who had just arrived here days ago but I do feel that the man that Eowyn, one of our founders had foreseen is Eareandill Wing but none of us know yet who truly could be the one who can fight against him! It could be one of your children or another person's child here in Andenor City."

James placed her right hand over his right shoulder and he breathed deeply. "No matter what happens, take care of the queen. She needs a loyal friend with whom she can trust."

Cinwell thanked him. "Thank you, James."

"My children will soon study at Blue  Diamond Magic School and at Andenor Philosophy School. It is also an honor that they will be trained by Lord Emrys and other elves there," James announced to him. "You do have a wife and child, too. As much as you worry that I may die, just because I am a mere mortal, you are also just a simple elf warrior who also get hurt. Yes, you do have abilities that surpass mine but both of us have duties to the queen. I will take care of my children, don't worry about that."

"Forgive me if I sounded rude," chuckled Cinwell. "I do hope that our children will be friends when they meet."

A/n: After so long, I finally added a new chapter here! I hope that you like this chapter! :)