♥️FINAL CHAPTER ♥️

~AUTHOR POV~

(200 years later)

"Dad why do we have to come here again?!"

The seventeen year old princess Ara pouted as she follows her father to the stair case.

"Because this is where I grew up and I've decided we're moving back in."

Ara's father, Minjun chuckled, glancing over his shoulder to his daughter but stops on the first step to turn and face her directly.

"Why? This place is so old and boring." Ara

"Pah! That's what you think." Minjun

Ara's brows furrowed in her own mind of confusion. Her father looks down at her with a knowing smile to his face and takes a step down to only stand beside her.

"Have you forgotten the stories I've told you about this place? The love story between your great, great, great grandparents?" Minjun

"I thought all that was made up? Especially about the ghost part." Ara

Despite Ara's disbelief about her father stories the thought of what she was told in the past still makes her shiver.

"Gosh no! My father told me of their story just like his father before him. A love story between a prince and the servant. It never gets old." Minjun

He smiles proudly as it is a well known family story that's been passed down through generations.

"In fact this is where they first met! This very stair case." Minjun

Minjun stepping back from his daughter, arms stretched out and twirls on the spot. Ara's mind sparks with the new knowledge and nods with a light smile to her face. It's amazing to her that this place hold so much memories.

"Of course they were only children but form here after it's all history now." Minjun

Minjun turns to his right and strolls towards the fireplace which bares a large painting. A portrait of his ancestors, King Jungkook and Queen Y/n.

A fond smile creeps upon his lips as he admires the painting. The couple sitting in their thrones side by side which were placed beside each other closely but holding each other's hands. Each wearing their own crowns and family jewels around their necks. The traditional clothing for the royals on crowing ceremonies. Except this painting is different than the others. Instead of staring ahead with blank faces the couple only have eyes for each other as they smile. Minjun always admired that they must of been staring at each other like that for some time to have this done.

"Dad that's them isn't it?" Ara

She asked curiously after watching her father's behaviour towards the painting.

Only Minjun nods but wraps his arm around his daughter shoulder and pulls her to his side.

"They say the day King Jungkook died was the day Queen Y/n lost herself and the whole kingdom was affected." Minjun

His sighs sadly after. Not only because that thought upsets him so but he can relate since he too lost his wife two years ago from a four year cancer battle.

It's just him and Ara now.

But not for much longer.

"Really? That sucks." Ara

"They say on the anniversary of his death you can hear her cries echo through the halls just outside where their chambers were." Minjun

Ara shivers but stares up at the portrait of the happy couple. She can only imagine their pain but somewhat can since she can relate to the death of her mother.