Chapter Thirty-Four

HII I KNOW ITS BEEN FOREVER IM SO SORRY. ALSO I JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH CUSSING IS IN THIS CHAPTER, whoops, SO SORRY ABOUT THAT LOL

well. i kind of fucked that up, huh?

Steven kicked a small rock, hurrying to the warp pad that you had just stepped onto wordlessly. of course you couldn't warp by yourself, so you had to awkwardly wait for him to step on and activate it.

Steven wanted to reach out and apologize -although he knew you wouldn't take it-, but your obvious rage made him second guess it.

finally, Steven closed his eyes and the weightless feeling of the warp pad filled the space between you. despite being built for quick travel, the warp seemed to take hours.

"i...i'm sorry Y/N." Steven muttered. "i just, you were going to leave so quickly and i panicked!"

"so you trapped us on an island for a week?!" you snapped.

Steven ran a hand through his curly brown hair. "it wasn't the best idea. but it seemed right in the moment."

you looked away from the boy, afraid you would forgive him too quickly if you met his pleading eyes. "that isn't an excuse."

"i know." Steven paused. "and i know you're mad, but can we at least talk about the fusion?"

you stepped off the warp pad as soon as the familiarity of Stevens home filled your vision.

"no. i'm mad at you, idiot." you groaned. "i'm taking a shower."

Steven reached out to stop you, but decided against it when realizing how dirty (from literally being in the wilderness for days on end) and tired you looked. "i'll make some dinner."

"i don't want anything you've cooked." you slipped into the bathroom, slamming the door behind you.

-.-.-.-.-
the muffled sounds of water hitting the shower floor rang through Stevens ears as he pulled a cup of noodles out of the microwave.

we fused! but... yeah, i kind of fucked up.

i just wanted to spend time with her, is that so wrong?

no, of course not. but maybe trapping her on an island was not the right way to go. i could've had a sleepover with her, or taken her to Empire City.

but nooo, come on Steven who do you want to trap on an island next? your dad? he hasn't hung out with you in a while. that's obviously the only solution when someone isn't glued to your side.

twenty minutes or so later, you stepped out of the bathroom. you were drying your hair with a fluffy white towel, a relaxed smile on your face. you had your pajamas on, and silently sat on the couch next to the diamond. "um, listen." Steven squeaked.

you turned to him slowly, letting out a puff of air before touching his hand gingerly. "i get it Steven. i mean i don't, because that was a terrible idea, but i get it. you've completely broken my trust and i'm starving; but i get it. you wanted to spend time with me, whatever."

"so... do you forgive me?" he asked slowly.

you looked out the window and the ocean, waves crashing and water rippling. "i guess. but i am never getting on a warp pad with you again, that's for sure. next time you want to hang out with me, just say so."

Steven dared to throw his arms around you and pull your body into his chest. "that's fair. thank you, and i'm sorry. i'm so sorry." he muttered. Steven planted a kiss on the top of your head, and reached around you to pick his cup of noodles up again. the two of you stayed like that for a while, silently watching the waves from stevens couch.

(edited!)