Chapter Five

(Hiiii, so I'm realizing it's a little confusing for their thoughts to look the same, so your thoughts will be in italic and Stevens will be in bold and italic from now on.)

(if you're rereading!! i'm getting rid of that HORRIBLE nickname, princess. it is gone. it's just y/n and n/n now, thank god.)

"do you want to watch a movie? the newest Dogcopter movie came out a few days ago, and i was going to watch it with my friend Connie but she's too busy with school." Steven twiddled his thumbs as he spoke. he looked up when you didn't respond immediately. "oh, unless you need to get back home? i can drive you if you want."

you shook your head. "no, lets watch a movie." Steven beamed at you and jumped off the couch, hurrying over to the kitchen to gather snacks.

"we can watch it in my room, it's way more comfortable." he gestured to the creaky stairs on your right. "it's just up there."

Stevens room was surprisingly clean. his bed was made, the shelves and nightstands were clean, and the floor was practically spotless. you sat down on his bed, immediately recognizing as the same one you woke up in that morning.

so he was the one who saved me.

Steven was gathering butter for the popcorn, just in case you wanted some. "Hey..." he started, but his voice died down in his throat.

stars, i don't know her name...

when he reached the top, he finally spoke again. "i but butter on the popcorn, i hope that's okay."

you nodded with a small smile. "my name is Y/N, by the way."

"i'm Steven." he blurted.

"yeah, i know."

he blushed, realizing you had probably seen him on TV and his introduction was unnecessary. he put the dvd in the disc player, and settled next to you on his bed.

you two watched the movie in silence, eating popcorn and giggling jokes in the movie. the entire time, though, Steven stole glances at you, with a light blush covering his cheeks.

-.-.-.-.-
when the credits rolled, you sat up with a smile and looked around his room more intricately. on the shelf next to the tv was a stack of video games and controllers.

you jumped off the bed. "no way! you have the original Lonely Blade Fighting Game?" you picked up the box in excitement.

"yeah! Pearl- er, my mom bought it for me a few years ago. do you wanna play?" after you nodded excitedly he grabbed it from your hands and set up the game.

you both leaned forward in anticipation as the loading screen played. Steven noticed you studying the controller, and leaned over to guide you. "this one controls your weapon, the yellow button is for dodging, and the green one is used to press 'okay'."

you nodded along. "i have to warn you, i'm really good at video games."

Steven rolled his eyes. "yeah right, i've been playing this game for years. i'm a professional."

"if you say so... promise not to go easy on me because I'm a girl?" you nudged him as you both picked your characters.

Steven smirked. "i promise."

-.-.-.-.-.-
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Steven yelled. he threw his hands up in the air with a groan.

you shrugged, smiling smugly up at him. "i told you i was good at video games."

he shushed you in mock annoyance. "it's just beginners luck. let's play again."

"winning five times in a row isn't beginners luck. it's skill." you clicked on the buttons to fight as the new round began, not even watching the screen. you watched Stevens face instead, his furrowed brows and tight lips as he glared at the screen in concentration.

"i'll buy us a pizza if you let me win." he glanced over at you with a smirk.

you threw the controller on the bed beside you. "done."

he laughed and successfully beat your character up. "i win!"

you clapped sarcastically. "did you? now, you owe me pizza, and i'm starving so... chop chop."

Steven rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone.

-.-.-.-.-
Kiki knocked on the door, and a few minutes later Steven ran back up the stairs with a hot pizza. an episode of Under The Knife was playing in the background as you two grabbed a slice of pizza.

"so, about your parents..." Steven didn't want to push you -especially since you had just met-, but he couldn't help the curiously bubbling up inside him.

"they fight all the time. it's not a big deal." you shrugged, dismissing his worried look.

"Do they hit you a lot?" he asked carefully.

you shrugged again. "sometimes. it's just in the heat of the moment, though. i know they don't mean to."

"look Y/N, that isn't okay. if you ever- if you ever want to get out of your house you can stay here." he smiled sweetly at you. His eyes lit up. "in fact, you can stay here tonight! we can have a sleepover!" he yelled. "if-if you want." he added quietly.

you smiled, unable to resist the hopeful look on his face. "sure, i would love too."

(edited!)