Chapter Seven

"hey sweetie! it's been forever!" Lindsay hugged you with limp arms and backed away like she touched fire. Grace and Anna gave you a sickly-sweet smile. you could tell they had just been talking about you.

"did you bring any money?" Grace looked you up and down, grimacing at your outfit. you were wearing a hoodie and leggings -a fine outfit-, but compared to your friends you looked homeless. you didn't have time to put makeup on, and barely had time to throughly brush your hair before running out the front door.

Anna offered you a sad smile and squeezed your arm as she passed you, joining Lindsay and Grace as they stared you down.

"yeah..." you reached into your hoodies pocket and pulled out your wallet. you weren't as rich as your friends -you weren't rich at all actually- but you still had enough money to buy a couple of shirts if something caught your eye.

"good. and what are you wearing?" Lindsay asked, her tone made it seem like an emergency. before you could formulate a response they were leading you into an expensive store and starting to look around.

"um, a hoodie. how long are we going to be here?" you sat down on one of the velvet purple seats as they picked through the racks.

"just a couple of hours. we're going to Empire City later." Lindsay held a pastel pink croptop up to her form, turning to the mirror to study it. "cute?"

You nodded mindlessly. "can you guys drop me off at my house before you go?"

Grace looked down at me with distain. "fine but just got the leather seats cleaned so..."

you couldn't help but roll your eyes. "i'm not a dog, Grace."

-.-.-.-.-
it had only been one grueling hour, and the four of you were in yet another clothing shop.

"aren't you going to buy anything?" Lindsay asked. there was something taunting in her eyes as she looked over at you.

you shrugged. "maybe, it depends on if i see something i like." you tapped your foot on the ground as your friends ran in and out of dressing rooms, watching them in boredom. finally, with little hesitation, you pulled out your phone and dialed Stevens number.

he pick up on the second ring. "hey! how's your shopping going?"

"it"s okay. i think we're almost done, do you want to go to the beach when i get back?"

"definitely!" you could hear shuffling on the other end. "i'll pack snacks!"

"can we meet at my house? i'll text you my address." you pulled at a loose string on your hoodie, ripping it off as you continued. "i'll let you know when to head over?"

"i'll be there!" He chirped.

"okay, I'll see you later." you laughed quietly and hung up.

Grace and Anna appeared beside you. "who was that?" Grace asked.

"Just a friend." you gave her a tight-lipped smile and started out of the store.

before you could, Lindsay burst out of her dressing room. "let's go! my dad just called and said we need to leave for Empire City now if we want to get to all the good stores before they close."

the three girls screamed in panic and scooped up their bags, and without another word you were yanked out of the mall.

you got into the backseat with Anna. "just drop me off at my house." you felt the need to repeat. they had a tendency to forget about your and do whatever was most convenient for them.

Grace turned around with a grimace. "it's kind of out of the way..."

Lindsay sighed. "it's fine. why are you in such a hurry to get home?"

"no reason, just tired." you lied.

-.-.-.-.-
you had never been so happy to see your house. you jumped out before they could ask any more questions, and saw Steven standing on your porch with a tote bag full of snacks and towels.

you flushed as you joined him, trading soft words that lindsay and the others couldn't quite hear.

Lindsay watched, full of jealousy, as you invited him inside with a smile.

as Grace did a U-turn and started back down the street Lindsay clenched her fist and looked back at your house. "how dare she take him from me."

"who is that?" Anna leaned forward.

Lindsay whipped her head around to face both girls with a glare. "i don't know! but he's hot, and he's mine."

yikes.

(edited!)