Chapter Twenty Five

"so i'll you next month?" you shook a dark purple Amethysts hand as you both stood up.

the Amethyst nodded. "yup! see you, Y/N!" they stalked out the door, a wide grin on their face.

after the breakup you had sunk yourself into your work. you were miserable, but thought if you focused on other peoples problems yours would go away.

and as far as you knew, Steven hadn't been at Little Homeworld at all. you were free to talk to the gems.

you exited your office, taking a deep breath. you spotted Bismuth talking to a small blue gem, and walked over to her. "hey, Bismuth."

the little blue gem waved a goodbye to Bismuth, and rushed off with a small grey dagger.

"hey Y/N." She said softly. "how're you holding up?"

"fine. listen, since i'm staying with Lapis and Peridot, i was wondering if you could-"

suddenly, Bismuths eyes widened a little. she was looking past you, struggling to speak. "hey... Steven...?" it came out like a question. Steven stood a few feet away, he was talking to Amethyst and Pearl about what he could help with, but spotted you.

you rolled your eyes and turned your head to look at him. he looked away quickly, blocking his view of you with the clipboard in his hands.

literally out of nowhere, Lapis and Peridot appeared next to you. Lapis shook her head. "yeah, he knows he fuc-"

"Lapis! language." Bismuth hissed.

"messed up. He knows he messed up." Lapis crossed her arms.

Bismuth cleared her throat, trying to ignore Steven. "so, what were you saying Y/N?"

you looked between Lapis and Peridot nervously. "oh, nothing." you laughed nervously. "i better get back to work."

-.-.-.-.-.-
you still sulked back to your office. there was a light blue Jasper waiting outside your door, and your thoughts were pulled back into work.

"oh, hello. how can I help you?" you smiled.

the Jasper looked up. "the Pearl in charge told me to come see you. something about 'anger issues' and 'throwing volleyballs at gems'. i don't know."

"oh god, okay... come on in, let's started."

-.-.-.-.-
Steven cleared his throat as you walked away, uncomfortable with the amount of eyes on him.

"well, i have a few checks you need to sign, if you're up for it." Pearl redirected Steven's attention back to work.

"of course." Steven followed Pearl towards the main building, ignoring what felt like a million eyes on the back of his head.

honestly, he hadn't thought much about what happened that night. he blocked it out, pushing it down and focusing the happier memories he had.

and, of course, how much he missed you.

(edited!)