Chapter Twenty Four

you tripped over a rock in the sand, kicking it towards the ocean once you regained your balance. you didn't cry; in fact you felt better than you ever had before.

was that believable? yeah, i didn't think so either.

either way, you held your tears back as you walked... somewhere. you definitely couldn't go back home, that would just be proving your parents right. Lindsay wouldn't let you stay with her...

so you settled for a barn.

more specifically, Lapis and Peridots barn.

"Y/N!" Peridot jumped from the truck bed that was hanging out of the barn and hugged you. she studied your face. "are your eyes sweating?"

"um, yeah." you wiped your eyes, embarrassed. "i was wondering if i could stay with you guys for a little while."

Lapis appeared from the barns entrance. "sure, did something happen?" a toothpick hung from her mouth, and Pumpkin ran in circles at her feet.

"no, nothing." you looked down at your feet. "well, Steven and i broke up."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU 'BROKE UP'?!" Peridot screamed.

"we just got in a fight, and realized it wasn't working out. i guess-"

"is the red liquid falling from your upper arm and forehead 'blood'?" Peridot poked at the gash in your arm, making you wince.

Lapis stepped forward, the toothpick falling out of her mouth. "stars, that looks bad. let's warp to St- oh... i'm sure i can find something for it inside." Pumpkin barked at you excitedly, and ran between Lapis' legs as she walked forward. "toilet paper?" she suggested.

Peridot disappeared for a second, and returned with a tablet duct taped to her arm. "the tablet says to disinfect the wound and wrap it up."

Lapis nodded. "i'll fly to the store." she whirled around to Peridot. "don't you dare watch Camp Pining Hearts without me." Lapis' wings grew from her back, and she pushed herself off into the air.

as soon as she was gone Peridot gestured for you to follow her. she sat down on an unfolded cardboard box, and turned on the tv. Camp Pining Hearts starting playing automatically, and Peridot leaned forward to watch.

you looked between her and the screen with your brows furrowed. "hey, i thought-"

"shh!"

-.-.-.-.-.-
[Two Weeks Later]

Steven walked towards Lapis' and Peridots barn. he had spent the last couple of weeks sulking around his house, coping with the loss of... you.

"guys?" Steven called just loud enough for someone to hear. Peridot peeked her head out of a random hole in the side of the barn.

"go away!" she yelled, ducking back inside quickly after.

Steven stopped walking, confused. "Peri? it's me, Steven."

Lapis appeared in front of the barn. "we know. get out of here, Steven."

"yeah!" Peridot popped her head back out. "You hurt N/N's feelings!"

"you hurt more than her feelings. you absolutely broke her heart." Lapis shook her head in disgust.

"Y/N?" Stevens eyes widened. "is she here?"

"not right now, she's at work. speaking of, shouldn't you be at work too?" Lapis squinted.

Steven scratched the back of his neck. "uh, i didn't want to run into her by accident so-"

"go to work, Steven!" Peridot yelled. her face softened a bit. "sorry for being rude, Lapis isn't having it lately." she whispered.

"Peridot!" Lapis yelled.

"it's okay, i get it. bye Peri." Steven sulked off, sighing.

i guess it's time to go to work...

(edited!)