Chapter Thirty-Six

holy fuck why has it been over a month since i've updated this??? also i may or may not have written a smut chapter that i'm very embarrassed about and will probably not be posting. ALSO WHY IS THIS SHORTER THAN THE LAST ONE

-.-.-.-.-

you rolled over in bed once again, the sheets starting to weigh you down rather than bring you warmth. it was close to 2 in the morning, and you had gotten a total of 30 minutes of sleep. you drifted in and out a consciousness, and were becoming annoyed by how peacefully Steven was sleeping next to you.

how is he able to sleep but i'm not? how is that fair?

you turned over once again, this time to face the glass doors leading outside. nice, cool, outside air.

a groan echoed through the room next to you. "stop moving, Y/N." Steven whined. he smacked his hand against your arm, groaning dramatically again.

you flushed, feeling bad for waking him up. "sorry, i cant sleep. i'm gonna go outside." you threw the suffocating covers off of you and jumped out of bed, your legs wobbly from the sudden movement. you slid the glass door open, stepping outside and taking a deep breath.

Steven stayed in bed, his arm over his eyes to keep the moonlight out. he felt bad that you weren't able to sleep, but he was so comfortable.

okay, that is a terrible boyfriend mentality. get up.

Steven rolled out of his bed, the cold air assaulting his skin. he wobbled over to the doors, stepping outside next to you. you were now sitting on the railing; your legs dangling over the edge. Steven climbed up next to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

you were staring out at the waves, the crashing sound calming you down and almost lulling you to sleep. Steven rocked back and forth slightly and began to hum a low tune. "we fused, you know." Steven smiled.

"yeah, i remember." you mumbled into his shoulder. "it was weird."

"good weird or bad weird?"

"good weird. i could hear your feelings."

Steven snickered quietly and looked down at you the best he could. "hear my feelings?"

"yeah, you announce them." you paused for a minute, then smiled. "you have a crush on me."

Steven rolled his eyes. "well you have a crush on me too."

"no i don't. you're gross."

"i'm gross? you licked tomato sauce off the counter today." Steven laid his head atop yours, relaxing the best he could on the railing.

you laughed quietly. "you aren't gross. you're nice." you leaned further into him. "i love you Steven."

"i love you too, N/N."

the two sat in silence after that, and eventually steven could hear your soft snores and heavy breathing. he picked you up, moving back inside and laying you down on the bed gently. he pulled the covers up to your chin, then jumped over to his side of the bed and slid in next to you.

Steven pulled you close, his arms wrapped around you protectively and your face buried in his chest.

(edited!)