Chapter Thirteen

Steven was making you stay at his house until it stopped storming. even though he had a car, neither if you were willing to mention that.

it was madness inside. you, Steven, Amethyst, Garnet, and Pearl had agreed to do some rainy day activities. everyone was running around, grabbing things that looked interesting, and carelessly dropping them on the coffee table.

a uneasy pile was quickly forming. a karaoke machine, various board games, a bag of flour, movies, tons of snacks, Stevens tv somehow, blankets and pillows, and an empty vase.

"who put a fork in here?" You yelled. You held up the plastic fork and looked around.

Steven stopped. "i panicked, okay?" he threw a box of popsicle sticks towards the pile and it hit Pearl in the forehead.

"ow! stop throwing things at me!" she yelled. Amethyst ran out of her room with a ugly red recliner. "Amethyst! we don't need that!"

Amethyst put the chair on the floor beside the fireplace. "we might!"

"times up!" Garnet yelled. everyone rushed to the couch and sat down. Steven jumped off the side of the stairs and landed next to you. "how did we do?" Garnet looked at the large pile.

Steven reached towards the pile. "is that... a roll of toilet paper?"

"it's for cleaning." Pearl said confidently.

you reached into your pocket and sighed. "i think i dropped my phone in there."

"Pearl will find it ." Garnet patted your shoulder.

Steven put the toilet paper back. "alright, what should we start with?"

"a movie!"
"video games!"
"karaoke!"
"the fork."

"why the fork?" Steven asked, you started giggling.

"i want to know why you put it in the pile." Pearl stated seriously.

"I vote movie first." Amethyst raised her hand, as did you and Steven.

Garnet pulled Stevens tv out of the pile and plugged it in while Pearl hooked it up to the outlet. Pearl distributed three bags of popcorn (to Amethyst, you, and Steven) and everyone settled in to watch the movie.

a few minutes in Steven subtly moved his arm around your shoulders and faked a yawn. you both made eye contact and Steven flushed. just as Steven was about to pull away in embarrassment you leaned against him, not looking at him again for the rest of the movie.

-.-.-.-.-
it was still storming when it started to get dark outside. sure, Steven could have Lion warp you home or he could try to drive you, but neither of you wanted to leave.

Steven looked out the window and shrugged. "i guess you're staying another night."

you sighed dramatically. "i guess so. what a shame." you and Pearl have finally put everything away and added your popsicle stick houses to the fireplace mantel. "can i take a shower?"

he nodded. "of course."

as he watched you walk away it hit him.

i like Y/N.

(edited!)