Chapter Fourteen

you liked Stevens shower a lot more than your own, mostly because he actually had water pressure and paid his hot water bills.

you changed into one of your dads old shirts and a pair of shorts and shuffled up to Stevens room. "hey, do you have any extra blankets we can put on the bed? i'm freezing."

when Steven didn't answer you turned around, finding him staring at you as if you were the moon.

"what?" you laughed. "are you okay?"

he blinked slowly, shaking his head. "yeah, sorry. the blankets are in my closet. just pick whichever one you want."

you had to stand on your toes to pull a fluffy blue blanket out. when you turned to throw the blanket on the bed, Steven was staring again.

"jesus, what?!" you shouted.

"nothing i just- nothing!" he looked away, a blush forming on his face.

just say it.

"is there something wrong?" i sat down next to him.

"no, i was just thinking." he shrugged nonchalantly.

"about what?"

"about..." he paused.

"about..? is there-"

Steven cut you off. "i like you!" you froze, and your eyes widened. he dropped his hands to his sides. "and i'm sorry. i know this makes things totally awkward but i just needed to-"

you cut him off this time by wrapping your arms around his neck and kissing him softly. he brought a hand up to cup your face, tilting his head to the side to deepen the kiss. you pulled away suddenly, eyes as wide as saucers. "sorry, i don't know what came over me." you leaned back.

Steven smiled wider than he ever had. "it's okay." there was a long pause. "so... would you like to go on a date?"

"of course! let's do it tomorrow!" you reached across the bed to grab your phone to postpone the outing with Lindsay.

"i'll set it up! you're gonna be so surprised..." Steven chuckled, already scheming.

you side eyed him. "okay, creep."

You: can we postpone the hangout until next week? I think I'm coming down with something

Lindsay: seriously?

Lindsay: no it's fine. Let's do it next Saturday. Everyone will be in town then

You: ok

you looked over at Steven, feeling genuinely happy.

he likes me.

he likes me.

(edited!)