Chapter Seventeen

THIS CHAPTER DEALS WITH SERIOUS THEMES INVOLVING SELF HARM AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. IF THIS IS TRIGGERING PLEASE DO NOT READ.

you have had many types of boyfriends. rude and abusive ones, cheaters, misogynists.

but never, ever, have you had a boyfriend like Steven.

he was almost clingy, but not in an obnoxious way. he constantly wanted to hold your hand, talk to you, hug you, kiss you. he texted and called you the moment you were apart -even in the bathroom occasionally-, which wasn't often anymore. you started spending most of your time at Stevens house, practically moving in. you hadn't even stepped foot in your own home in almost two weeks.

you weren't sure if your parents were worried, or if they even noticed you were gone.

your mental health was rapidly improving too. you hadn't felt the need to relapse or succumb to any loud thought. that was, until today.

you had sighed as you watched Steven get into his car and start towards Little Homeschool. you finally convinced him that you would be fine staying at his house alone, and that he should go back to work. he was reluctant at first, but eventually gave you a kiss and left. after he drilled into your head that you should call him if you needed anything. 'literally anything, and i'll warp home."

you had laid down on the couch, your hand resting on Lions head as you watched tv.

then your phone buzzed.

Unknown: hey is this Y/N?

You: who is this?

Unknown: I'm guessing it is.

Unknown: hey babe. It's Derek.

you eyes widened, and you wanted to throw your phone in the garbage out of disgust.

Derek: im so sorry for how I acted before. please give me another chance :((

You: stop texting me or I'll block you

Derek: where are you? I've been by your house tons of times, but your parents say ur never home :((

You: I'm at a friends.

Derek: I already talked to your friends. C'mon babe I just wanna talk to you

You: no. I have a boyfriend.

Derek: LMAO no you don't. no one but me could ever love someone like you

you frowned, you knew better than to buy into whatever bullshit Derek said to you. but it made you think. and as your phone kept blowing up with texts from Derek, your mind wandered to Steven.

does Steven really like me? i mean, he's so perfect and i'm... me.

so here you were, sitting on Stevens toilet with a razor in hand.

just do it.

just one, that's it.

it'll help you feel better, it always does.

you pressed down before you could talk yourself out of it and winced at the feeling. blood began to form over your wrist, dripping down onto you thigh.

-.-.-.-.-
Steven practically skipped to his car, knowing he was going home to see you was all the reason he needed to leave work a few minutes early.