Chapter Fifteen

Steven got up early the next morning, sneaking downstairs while you were asleep to call Pearl. they agreed to gather a team at the entrance of Little Homeschool and plan out the date.

you woke up while Steven was leaving his room, his jacket and phone in hand. "where are you going?" you sat up and rubbed your eyes.

he smiled at you. "i have to work, you're welcome to stay here for the day. i'll be back later tonight for our date!" he kissed your forehead and you yawned again.

"okay. do you have any (favorite cereal)?" your eyes were finally adjusted to the light and you smiled up at Steven.

"yeah, of course. it's your favorite! i really have to go. bye N/N."

yow laid back down, a small smile resting on your face. your phone dinged, revealing a text from one of your exes: Sean.

Sean: hey cutie

you waited a while before answering.

You: what do you want

Sean: no need to be cold. Wanna give us a try again?

You: nope

You: leave me alone

you threw your phone on the bed and stood up, adjusting your shirt. you walked downstairs slowly, but froze when you reached the bottom of the stairs.

holy shit is that a Lion?

you approached the large pink lion sleeping on the floor apprehensively, and sat down in front of his face. "hi?" you bravely poked his face and he grunted before opening his eyes. he huffed and scooted closer to you, laying his head in your lap. "aww. i'm guessing you're Lion? Steven talks about you sometimes." you patted his head, threading your fingers through his cotton candy colored mane.

you turned on the TV in the living room, remaining on the floor as your legs fell asleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-
Steven tapped his foot on the ground, waiting for the last member of the 'Make A Perfect Date For Y/N In Under Five Hours' team to arrive.

the first thing on the agenda: make a shorter name.

"i knew you could do it Ste-man!" Amethyst yelled. She was jumping up and down, and ahe'd been ever since Steven told him he kissed you. Well... technically you kissed him but... it's fine, the specifics don't matter.

"hey guys! sorry i'm late!" Connie ran up to the group, holding a notepad and a gift bag. "so... you got a girlfriend before i had the chance to meet her?" She raised an eyebrow at Steven and he chuckled nervously.

"yeah i haven't met her either. what's up with that?" Greg waved his hands in the air.

Steven looked between the two with wide eyes. "you guys can meet her soon, i promise."

Connie bumped shoulders with him. "i'm kidding, Steven. let's get started!" she looked around. "aw, where's Lion? i wanted to say hi to him."

Steven froze. "oh no."

i forgot to introduce her to Lion... i hope she's okay!

Greg's eyes widened. "you didn't introduce her to Lion either? how long have you known this girl, exactly?"

"a few weeks." Steven shrugged. He didn't see the big deal.

"what?! you've only known her for a few weeks, and you're already dating her?" Connie yelled.

panic was really starting to set into Stevens brain.

what if she gets scared and leaves the house? what if Lion thinks she's an intruder and eaTS HER OH GOD I NEED TO GET HOME AND CHECK ON HER

"I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!" Steven abruptly turned around and started running down the street.

"wha- where are you going?" Connie shouted. Garnet ushered Greg and Connie after him, telling them it was a perfect opportunity for them to meet Y/N.

"I NEED TO CHECK ON Y/N AND MAKE SURE LION DIDNT EAT HER!!" Steven yelled back. Greg and Connie hopped in Greg's van, driving up to Steven and waiting for him to hop inside.

"Lion doesn't eat people." Connie laughed. "at least, i don't think he does."

"BUT HE DOESNT KNOW SHE'S THERE WHAT IF HE-"

Greg turned to his son. "hold on, shes there right now? have you two been..."

Stevens eyes widened and he blushed furiously. "no, no!! she just stays over sometimes when her parents fight!"

"just use protection..." Greg mumbled. Steven smacked his arm and glared at him while Connie laughed quietly in the background.

he got a text from Garnet as they pulled onto the sand.

Garnet: we will start setting up. A picnic near the lighthouse will be perfect

-.-.-.-.-
the commercial break on the TV just ended when the front door burst open. Steven ran into the house, Connie and Greg close behind him.

he was surprised to see you leaning against the couch, head turned towards the TV as Lions head laid comfortably in your lap.

Steven ran over to you and hugged you tightly, the force of him running into you almost knocked you over.

"i thought you were going out." you laughed.

"i had to make sure Lion didn't eat you." he mumbled into your shoulder.

"he just blinked at me. i've been like this for an hour." you paused. "my legs are completely numb." Steven pushed Lions head off of you, and grabbed your hands to help you up. you stumbled forward a bit, but regained your balance and focused on Greg and Connie standing by the front door. "oh, hello." you smiled and waved.

"this is my friend Connie and my dad. they wanted to meet you." he whispered to you.

"it's nice to meet you. in the few minutes i talked to Steven all he talked about was you." Connie said matter-o-factly. Steven glared at her, while you blushed a deep red and giggled.

Greg chuckled. "it's nice to meet you Y/N. we better get back soon though."

Steven turned you towards him so he could kiss your forehead once again. "bye Y/N. i'll text you later, okay?" hr walked backwards, slowly removing his hands from yours.

you smiled at him and nodded. "okay!"

now, I can finally get breakfast...

(edited!)