ch.9 Getting to know him

Y/n's pov

2 years ago

"Happy birthday, Mrs. Ackerman!" I said as she open the door.

"Aww thank you, Y/n." She pulled me into a hug and i handed her a small box. "Y/n you shouldn't have! Thank you."

"I wanted to get you something and thank you for inviting me to this party." I walk inside and took my jacket off.

"Of course dear. Its a family and friends thing and your practically family." She gives me a warm smile and i gave her a side hug.

"Y/n!" Armin and Mikasa came from up stairs.

"Hey guys" i greeted them.

"Everyone is in the backyard. But you three can go to Mikasa's room and i can call you three when Mikasa's dad is done grilling"

"Okay then let's go to my room." Mikasa said already making her way upstairs.

"Happy birthday Mrs. Ackerman!" Armin and I said going up stairs as well.

"Thank you!" We heard her say as we entered Mikasa's room.

"We haven't hang out in so long" Armin said sitting on the floor.

"That's because 8th grade sucks and Teachers just kept giving us homework left and right." Mikasa said

"True" Armin and i both said then sigh

"Do you guys want anything to drink?" Mikasa asked

"Water, please" Armin and i said

"Stop!" We said together at the same time again.

"You stop!" We said together

"Y/n!"

"Armin!"

"We'll you two stop. Ill get your waters" Mikasa walked out of the room leaving Armin and I.

"And to think were going to be high schoolers in less than 6 months" Armin laughed.

"You started it" i looked away from him.

"Okay ill be the responsible one and take full responsibility."

My head quickly napped back at him. I see what he's trying todo.

"Ill let you do that. Because I'm so nice" he chuckled and i roll my eyes.

Mikasa came back holding 3 water bottles and hands us ours. We thank her and started talking more. Mikasa was sitting by her window and i was on her bed while Armin was on the floor.

"Oh no" Mikasa said looking out the window.

"Where's the birthday Girl!" We all heard someone say from the backyard.

"Who's that Mikasa?" Armin asked and we all stood up to stand by the window. We stared at 3 people that just got to the party standing in the backyard while Mikasa's mom was hugging the big tall guy.

"That's my Uncle Kenny and Auntie Kuchel. My dad's siblings."

"Ohh is that your cousin then?" I asked pointing at the black headed boy. Mikasa nods and sighs.

"Where's that annoying husband of yours at?"

Kenny asked and even though we were upstairs inside the house. We could still hear him loud and clear.

"Anyways do you guys want to play a game?" Mikasa asked looking at us. We nod and sit on the floor while Mikasa pulls out a board games.

"Do you guys know how to play 'Sorry'?" Mikasa asked and i nod my head but Armin said no.