Chapter 25 - The Prophecy

For whatever it’s worth, I will continue writing this story, after all I didn’t write this for the glory of Sarah and Gerald, though part of it is to please fans like myself with tales that end up practically and agreeably but the top of it all is my intent of sharing God’s word. That thought keeps me going.

I am a fan of love stories that are prayed for and as a single woman I strongly believe that if a man isn’t from God then there’s no point in forcing it to happen.

I will continue writing because this is where my hopeless romantic charcoal is being fanned to regain the fire that was lost due to a heartbreak I personally had. This helped a lot and so I hope this will help my fellow Ashrald readers to achieve that too through my story.

Let’s not take it too seriously because we might forget that they are only human beings not our puppets. Remember that we are mere spectators of the show these celebrities show us, we love and admire them, that’s for sure but let’s not allow ourselves to get lost in their story. Be a fan. Not an idolater. That’s a sin. That’s biblical. ^_____^

 *********************************************************************************************************

“Anak, as much as we don’t want to let you go just yet kasi kaka graduate mo lang, at di pa nagsstart ang med school, pero we trust you and we’ve entrusted you to God. We just want to talk you through this no matter how hard it is for everyone of us. You are the only son we got. We want to take care of you, okay?”

That was enough for Gerald to break down and hug his mother and father.

“I love you mom. I love you dad.”

His parents knew, Sarah is a providential girl indeed.

But they know she’s worth it. 

"Alright. Pag-usapan natin ang diskarte..." 

His dad broke the drama off because he knew his wife is getting emotional and he doesn't want her to cry. 

John placed a huge box on his desk. It looks antique and Gerald couldn’t help but wonder what’s inside.

His father just smiled at him and opened the box.

“Ang mommy mo kasi…”

Naputol ang sinasabi ni John ng nag fake cough si Janice.

“..I mean.. ang mga babae kasi…”

Tumingin siya sa asawa at tumango ito kaya nagpatuloy na siya ng pagsasalita.

“..ang mga babae kasi.. very emotional. Kaya lahat ng pwedeng remembrance namin ng mommy mo ay nilagay niya sa box na ‘to.”

Natawa ng konti si Gerald sa kinuwento ng daddy niya.

Unti-unti inilabas ng mga magulang niya ang laman ng box, bawat item may nilalamang kwento

Kagaya na lang ng mga resibo ng mga ginastos nila, resibo sa sine, sa mga restaurants, at resibo din ng mga regalo.

“Receipts? Bakit po? Para po kwentahan niyo siya someday?”

Takang tanong ni Ge sa daddy niya.

“Oo anak ganun na nga ang plano ng tatay mo.”

Natatawang sagot ni Janice.

“Hindi.” Nakangiting sabi ni John. “Kasi sa tuwing nakikita ko ang mga kaya kong ibigay,  napapaalalahanan ako na kaya kong magbigay pa. At sa tuwing gusto ko nang sumuko, pinapaalala ng mga ito sa akin na we’ve gone a long way. Sayang kung mapupunta lang ang lahat sa wala.”